I Have Juvederm and Perlane Already Can I Still Get Fotofacial?

I have juverderm to fill around my lips and marionette lines and perlane under my eyes. Will getting fotofacials affect the fillers? How long do I need to wait after getting fillers to get a foto facial?

Photofacial

+1

There should be no problem with getting a photofacial done after filler treatment.  The fillers are injected deep in the dermis while the laser affects the upper portion of the dermis. 

Photofacials after filler injections

+1

Fillers are injected into the deep dermis or subcutaneous space.  The photofacials or IPL treatments work on the uppe layers of the dermis. It should not be a problem.

IPL/photofacial after fillers

+1

Very little energy emitted by IPL/photofacial treatments will penetrate deeply enough to reach the fillers, and the fillers will absorb very little of the energy that gets to them, making IPL harmless to the fillers. I recommend waiting about a week after having fillers placed, or until any swelling or skin irritation from injections has gone away.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Can Juvederm, Perlane and photofacials be done together?

+1

There is no problem doing these treatments together, although I usually like to separate them by a few days, particularly since there may be some amount of swelling after any of them.

Of the three the photofacial causes swelling least frequently.  If the treatments must be done together, then photofacial first then fillers.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

No problem.

+1

Blast away.  Those photofacials will have absolutely no effect on your filler treatment.  This is really a great combination of services.

Photofacial after Botox & Juvederm

+1
There should not be any complications and it should not interfere with Botox and Juvederm but I would suggest you consult the Dr. that injected you to make sure that there are no open sores from the injections that could get irritated.

Philip Miller, MD

IPL can be done safely after soft tissue fillers

+1

IPL can be done after soft tissue fillers such as Juvederm, restylane, perlane or radiesse. If there is no swelling or bruising, treatments can be done within a few days to a week after the injections. There are no studies directly  examining the effect but the general observation of myself and my colleagues has been that IPL treatments will not have any impact on the longevity of the filler.

Doris Day, MD