Juvederm Vs. Perlane for Deep Wrinkles?

I am considering injectable fillers for deep wrinkles. Which between Juvederm or Perlane is best for this problem?

Juvederm vs. Perlane

+2

Both Perlane and Juvederm XC are fine fillers with low complication rates.

We prefer Juvederm XC (out now for about two weeks) because it has excellent handling characteristics and contains lidocaine powder (numbing medicine), so it doesn't hurt as much.

It came out tw weeks ago so is now widely available.

Juvederm vs Perlane

+1

Juvederm and Perlane are both suitable for deep wrinkles and the choice should be made by the physician performing the treatment depending on the specific qualities of the patient's skin and assessment of the nature of the wrinkle.

Victor Michalak, MD
Issaquah Dermatologic Surgeon

Juverderm versus Perlane

+1

Both Perlane and Juvederm are great fillers. I prefer Juvederm for superficial injection of finer lines and the lip and perlane for deeper correction of nasolabial folds.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Perlane and Juvederm

+1

Juvederm Ultra XC, Juvderm Ultra Plus XC, Restylane, and Perlane are all comprised of the same substance, hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid "fills" by attracting and retaining water. A filler of this material has the capability to relax fine lines, as well as moderate to deep folds of the face. If the area you would like to treat requires a considerable amount of correction, Juvederm Ultra Plus XC and Perlane are both great options. They are thicker and longer lasting hyaluronic acid fillers. I have found both to last between 6-9 months, and in some cases, 1 year.

All in all, finding the right filler starts with a consultation, as each person's skin type and needs are very different. More than one syringe, of either product, may be recommended. Layering Juvederm Ultra Plus XC and Perlane with lighter hyaluronic acids, like Juvederm Ultra XC and Restylane is also a possibility, and a method I favor for some patients. Another type of filler, such as Radiesse, may also be introduced. Ultimately, and once again, everything depends on one's unique needs and expectations.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and Perlane for deep wrinkles

+1

Juvederm comes in "Ultra" and "Ultra Plus," and for deep wrinkles, you really must ask the question of Juvederm Ultra Plus versus Perlane (which is a thicker version of Restylane). Both will work, and each practitioner has his/her own personal preferences in terms of familiarity and practice. Make sure you see a licensed and qualified practitioner in order to minimize potential complications.

Reena Rupani, MD

Perlane for DEEP Wrinkles

+1

The optimal filling of wrinkles is not really limited to choosing Choice X vs. Choice Y but rather using a combination of fillers chosen and applied based on their specific characteristics.

Perlane is a thicker filler is is better suited for deep applications. It will better push up deep lines and wrinkles. But it is often combined with superficial applications of either Restylane or Juvederm which work better in the superficial layers of the wrinkle AFTER it has been elevated.

Perlane over Juvederm for deeper wrinkles

+1

I usually prefer Perlane for deeper wrinkles, especially for deep smile lines around the mouth. You really can't go wrong with either filler as long as you go to a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with injection experience.

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Juvederm vs Perlane

+1

Both Juvederm and Perlane are hyaluronic acid fillers. To me it is like "Coke and Pepsi." They both do the same thing and last about the same amount of time.

Both Juvederm or Perlane work fine for deep wrinkles

+1

Without examining you no one can give specific advice as to the best way to treat deep wrinkles, but for purposes of discussion we will assume that they are the type that can be treated well with dermal fillers. Both Perlane and Juvederm Ultra Plus would work fine in most cases, so it comes down to a matter of preference. There are some differences, but they are usually minor for the types of wrinkles typically treated with fillers.

Richard Baxter, MD

Juvederm and Perlane both work to correct deep wrinkles

+1

Both Juvederm and Perlane are hyaluronic acid products designed to fill wrinkles. Each lasts about 9 months and are equally safe to use. Which one is best for you depends on what you need corrected and on the experience of your physician. Make sure you are seeing someone trained to do this procedure and board certified in a cosmetic specialty.

Elizabeth Slass Lee, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon