Why Do I Have Painful Lumps and Still-visible Wrinkles?

I had Juvederm injected in the lines around my mouth, the nasolabial folds, the lines between my eyebrows, and upper lip. The doctor used a total of 3 1/2 syringes. I still see the lines and folds and I feel lots of lumps. Oh, and into the tear trough of both also.  Some of the lumps are still painful!

I bet that you are still a Berykute1

+4

Hi Neighbor,

It is difficult to comment on your question without examining you or at least viewing photographs. You should return to your treating physician and discuss your concerns. Lumps can be treated with massage. Excessive material in the lips or other places can be dissolved with injections of Vitrase or Widase. 3 1/2 syringes of Juviderm should be about 2.8 ml of product.

Not all lines are eliminated with fillers, but it sounds like you had enough to see a difference (have your doctor take photos and compare them to your pre-treatment photos). The needle marks should resolve very soon, the soreness and lumps may be from deep bleeding if the product was placed deep.

Again it is impossible to judge whether the Juviderm was placed incorrectly without having been there, or examining you. Additionally, sometimes your "friends" may not have your best interests in mind when they criticize your rejuvenation treatments. I would let the treatment settle for a few more days and then see your physician. If you are still dissatisfied, I know of an excellent referral in Encino. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Should not have Juvederm lumps.

+1

Hi.

1) This is not very comforting to you, but lumps are really related to technique, and not caused by the Juvederm. If the lumps are still bothering you after a few weeks, you can consider trying Hyaluronidase, which melts the Juvederm.

2) Although Juvederm is a great product, I personally feel that Restylane is safer in the tear troughs.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)