Juvederm Nose Job Disaster How Long to Dissappear?

Its been a year now and my nose still is not back to Normal . Dr shot juvederm Into tip . It still looks awful . Now the dr is saying that the juvederm probly shifted the cartalidge and wait for it to dissolve on its own . It's completely ruined my looks no one wants to touch it bc it's hos mess ! How long is it going to take to go away and am I permanently stuck with it it looks sooooo bad :(((((

Juvederm Non-Surgical Nose Job Disaster...Best Treatment

+2

Hi PF,

Sorry to hear about your very bad experience with your non-surgical nose procedure.  Rhinoplasty is considered the most difficult of all facial plastic surgical procedures.  There is really no such thing as a "non-surgical nose job", rather injectable fillers are now being used to augment (add to) some noses.  It should only be performed by those trained in rhinoplasty, though many others are performing the treatment.

Juvederm is a highly hydrophilic (attracts a lot of water once injected) filler, and seems to be a bit more difficult to dissolve with hyaluronidase (an enzyme that dissolves hyaluronic acid) than Restylane.  

You should consult with an expert rhinoplasty surgeon for evaluation of your nose.  I would likely attempt to dissolve any remaining Juvederm in your nose with higher doses of hyaluronidase.  Theoretically if it truly is Juvederm in your nose, it should dissolve on it's own over time, but in areas with little facial movement, Juvederm may last for years.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

If you aren't happy with the results of Juvederm injections, it can be dissolved

+2

Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid filler. Sometimes the gel once injected follows a path of least resistance and may fill an area that you didn't want to fill. In the face, Juvederm lasts up to around 9 months. But in the nose or around the eyes, where there is no movement it may last a year or more. If you aren't willing to wait, it can be dissolved with an enzyme called Hyaluronidase

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Juvederm as a filler in the nose

+2

Juvederm in the nose can last up to 1 year.  Hyaluronidase can be injected into the area to help speed up this process.  Under normal circumstances, the Juvederm should cause no lasting change to the shape of the nose.  Damage could occur to the cartilage, skin or lining of the nose if a vascular event occured during the injection (blockage of blood flow to the tissues) or if an infection followed the injection.  Both of these processes would have caused significant pain, swelling, redness and potentially discharge following the treatment.  I inject fillers into the nose very very cautiously and in very small amounts.  Complications can occur and are more likely when large amounts of filler are used.

Andrew B. Denton, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Nose Job

+2

Juvederm can last up to 1 1/2 years when used in the nose. It will eventually go away on its own, however, if it is very concerning to you then the juvederm can be dissolved easily with some hyaluronidase.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Juvederm into nose

+2

Juvederm lasts up to a year in soft areas, so in the nose, it will last longer simply because it doesn't move as much and it's more firm. So it could last up to 18 months or so. But all hyaluronic acid filler will go away over time, so no, regardless of if you wait this out, it won't be permanent.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

+2

Usually the effects of Juvederm can last 9 - 12 months.  Another option is to have your doctor use hyaluronidase to dissolve the Juvederm (hyaluronic acid).

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Juvederm in nose tip

+1

I would recommend having the issue seen by a well experienced surgeon. Filling the nose with Hyaluronic Acid fillers takes good technique and experience. You may still be able to dissolve the product, even a year out, since this area has less vascularity. If you are in the LA area, I or any of my colleagues would be more than happy to see you. Best of luck!

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Best to consult

+1

I would consult a trusted, experienced surgeon. It's difficult to say whether Hyaluronidase would be effective at this point, but it would be worth a try. They can assess what other options would be helpful. Best of luck.

Unhappy with juvederm in nose

+1

Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid based filler similar to Restylane. If you are unhappy with the results, the beauty of these products is that in qualified and trained and experienced hands, they can be very easily dissolved using an injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Removing Juvederm from the nose - Los Angeles

+1

The Juvederm should be absorbing completely at the 12 to 18 month interval.  If you desire a quicker reversal, I perform hyaluronidase injections to reduce the Juvederm more rapidly. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS