Juvederm at Nineteen?

I was wondering the side effects and future possible complications of getting Juvederm at 19 years of age. I want my lips plumped up a little more and I have small smile lines setting in. Will Juvederm work to prevent more wrinkles and fuller lips? Or will it leave my face dependent on it for the rest of my life? Thank you.

Juvederm at Nineteen?

+2

Juvederm is hyaluronic acid (as is Restylane) which blends with your body's own natural hyaluronic acid.  Using it to increase fullness of your lips does not result in a dependance on it.  It is unusual at age 19 to have enough wrinkles to warrant using injectable fillers.  Fillers do not "prevent" wrinkles from developing, though botulinum toxin (Dysport, Botox) can discourage them since it de-activates the muscles that cause them.

Juvederm at Nineteen?

+1

Juvederm can be applied to help enhance the volume of the lips, it's not a permanent filler and can last anywhere from 6-8 months. Seek a reputable injector who can provide the result you wish to achieve 

Juvederm and Fillers at 19 Years of Age

+1

Juvederm or hyaluronic acid fillers can be placed in the lips at 19 years of age.  Restylane as well is a nice filler for lip augmentation.  Fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane have a temporary result, lasting for at least 6 months.  Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juverderm and Restylane are made from a naturally-occuring sugar found in the body and provide a very soft, natural augmentation to the lips.  They, however, do not prevent wrinkles.

Anthony Bared, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvaderm safe for 19 year-old if it is needed

+1

Juvaderm is FDA approved for people 18 years and older. It is safe to use in the lips, but is not a preventative way to prevent further wrinkling (like botox can) and usually lasts about 9-12 months. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to see what the best option for you is. If you are just looking for slightly fuller lips, than Juvaderm is a great product, you just don't want to over do it and have unnatural or uneven lips. Hope this helps!

Lee P. Laris, DO
Phoenix Dermatologist

Juvederm at nineteen?

+1

An injectable filler does not prevent future wrinkles from forming. It will just work to fill in the wrinkles that are present. Botox, however, can be preventative. For example, if an individual frequently frowns, the Botox can decrease the frowning, thus decreasing the lines that will appear in the future.
Juvederm is a great filler for lip augmentation. When the injections are performed properly, it yields a great looking and natural result. The Juvederm will not leave you dependent. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Juvederm in Young Patients

+1

Juvederm won't "prevent" wrinkles per say, but can enhance volume if one has volume loss in a given area.  Juvederm in the lips will provide a more fuller lip, and I would recommend treatment with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for treatment.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm at Young Age

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm and Restylane temporarily give fullness to the lips. They do not prevent wrinkles from forming. Use of these fillers is safe, and should not cause any long-term dependency. Once the fillers wear off in six to nine months, your lips should simply return to their natural appearance.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm at a young age (19)

+1

Juvederm is a filler made of hyaluronic acid, a substance naturally found in everyone's dermis/skin. There would be no more safety concern whether you were 19 or 30 or 50 or 80, the filler would be very safe when injected by a highly trained and experienced injector such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  You will not become addicted or dependent to fillers or botox. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for lips at nineteen/ fine lines

+1

Having injections to increase the fullness of your lips is not a problem. You will not experience any long term complications or side effects if it is injected properly and the injector does not go overboard with the fullness.  Complications tend to arise when products are injected into the lips that create permanant nodules. You can avoid that issue by only using a hyaluronic based product, Restylane or Juvederm.  

Now lets talk about the fine lines that are appearing.  There are several things that you can do beside injections that will decrease and prevent the formations of those pesky fine lines. 

1- Wear sunscreen on your face and in your lip balm.  Reapply at least every 3 hours.  UV exposure compounds the problem.

2- Stop drinking from straws and sports bottles.  The continual pursing of the lips train the skin to wrinkle.

3- Use a great moisturizer and drink plenty of water. Hydrated skin tend to wrinkle less.

4- Try to stop checking out your "wrinkles" in the mirror and if you have a mirror that magnifies, throw it away.  Don't let it become an obsession.

Hope this helps your decision.

Kenneth Janoff, MD
Portland General Surgeon

Fillers at 19

+1

At 19 you may be  a bit young to have fillers.  Filling the lip is possible with juvederm, restylane, or perlane.