Negative Short Term and Long Term Side Effects of Juvederm?

Is Juvederm better or the same as Restylane? What are the negative side effects, short-term and long-term? I am 41 and looking for something to fill the circles under my eyes. Does it work for that?

Juvederm and Restylane

+1

Although both products are primarily made of hyaluronic acid, the hyaluronic acid of Juvederm is more heavily cross-linked so it may last somewhat longer. Juvederm also tends to absorb more water than Restylane and is a little less predictable for certain areas of the face, and for that reason, I prefer Restylane for the tear trough/lower eyelid area where the tissue has a tendency to swell. Overall, both products can give you a soft, natural volume correction.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Juvederm and Restylane are cousins but not sisters

+1

Juvederm and Restylane are cousins but not sisters. They are both made of Hyaluronic acid which is a natural skin substance. If given by a skilled physician they both will give soft, natural results.

However, they do react a little differently with the body. Restylane tends to be a little bit more firm. That can be an advantage or a disadvantage depending on the area treated. Juvederm is a little softer and is less likely to form lumps. Overall you should decide, with your doctor, which is best for you.

In my experience, Restylane is better for the area around your eyes. On occasion,Juvederm can cause long term swelling under the eyes. This is much less common with Restylane.

Hope this helps.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon