Nasolabial Fold Ridge After Juvederm Injections

I had Juvederm done in the nasolabial fold. Just on one side to help with some side effects I have from bells palsy. I had the treatment done almost 2 weeks ago and I can feel the ridge where the doctor injected the Juvederm. Also, I can kind of see it. The skin seems a little lighter in color in that spot as well. It sounds like it was injected too shallow. At this point, I just want to know if I can expect it to go away. Also, I am concerned about scar tissue. Thanks.

Nasolabial fold ridge should resolve without sequellae

+1

The appearance you are describing may be due to over correction or too superficial placement of the product. The effect should resolve without any scarring. If you don't want to wait it out, call the individual who provided the service. They may be able to camouflage the appearance with additional filler. Puncture and extrusion of the product may be possible. Also, Injection of hyaluronidase can dissolve the material.

Good luck.

Bel Air Plastic Surgeon