Would Juvederm for Mild Cheek Augmentation Work Well on 29 Year Old Men?

I want the filler I choose to make my cheeks look muscular and chiseled (as opposed to soft and feminine which I understand fillers can often make them look). Would Juvederm be the best filler to achieve this on male cheeks, or another filler? Which section of the cheeks should I look to have the filler injected - the sides or front of the cheeks? And does Juvederm gnerally give natural-looking results in the cheeks? Thank you in advance for your help.

Using fillers to appear more chiseled

+1

I find that using injectable fillers in the high lateral cheek produces a more chiseled look. This can be very attractive on men. 

It is best to discuss this with your doctor.

Also, seek out the doctor will give you a discount on multiple syringes, so that you can use adequate amounts of product to get an excellent job done in one session.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvedermâ„¢ and a great injection technique can enhance a masculine appearance

+1

Yes filler can be used strategically to enhance a more masculine appearance. Most doctors will inject the upper sides of the cheeks, the jawline and the eyebrows to cause a more angular looking face. Juvederm and many dermal fillers are an excellent choice for what you are looking to improve, but it will be the doctor's technique that makes all the difference!

Manish Khanna, MD, FRCP(C)
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm injected in cheeks of a 29 old man

+1

I assume this will be your first experience with a filler.

Juvederm or any hyaluronic acid filler will do a very good job on your cheeks.

Juvederm may last up to one year.

In case you are not too sure that you want these changes to last for 12 months, you may want to try Prevelle first. Prevelle will last 2-4 months.

Once you see how you look after the Prevelle, you may decide to use a more long term filler(Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse or even Sculptra).

Autologous fat injection would be an excellent choice, but more expensive.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Would Juvederm work well for cheek augmentation?

+1

No, IMHO, Juvederm is too thin and would not have the same shaping ability as perlane and Radiesse which are what i use for Cheek Augmentation with fillers.  if you want to get a chiseled, angular cheek you must have the filler placed in the appropriate aesthetic position and in he correct amount.  IMO, Perlane would be your best bet.

Juvederm wouldn't be my first choice

+1

Simply because it is not going to last as long as something like Radiesse or ArteFill.  If you want a masculine, chiseled appearance, the injector is going to be a more important choice than the filler.  I would suggest you make an appoitment with an experienced cosmetic dermatologist who can show you many before and after photos, so you understand what type of effect can be achieved.  The placement of the filler depends on your face, so there's no way I could say exactly where you need it unless I saw you.  Good luck!

Laura Skellchock, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse or Sculptra are best for cheek augmentation

+1

Radiesse and Sculptra are "stimulatory fillers" and Juvederm is best used as a more superficial "wrinkle filler". It is important to understand the difference between stimulatory fillers and wrinkle fillers. When treating areas that need more volume such as cheeks I will almost always use stimulatory fillers such as Radiesse or Sculptra. They are injected deeper, beneath the skin, and will generate more volume to create a much better lifting effect. They work by stimulating your skin to produce more collagen, which is why they are much more effective and longer lasting.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

I too would choose radiesse

+1

I too would choose either radiesse or sculptra for this. You will get more longer lasting volume with these. The shape that you want will be determined by the person doing the filling not the product.  Enjoy!

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Juvederm or Radiesse for cheeks

+1

Any filler you choose will give you the desired result provided it is injected correctly and in the places that will give you the desired result.  Men's faces have different contours that women's!  This needs to be discussed in detail with your injector.  I prefer Radiesse for the cheeks as it tends to last longer, but Juvederm is fine also.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Cheek Injections...

+1

Juvederm is a good filler but I prefer Radiesse as my #1, go-to-choice for cheek augmentations in the non surgical realm.   Where and how to do the injections are completely personalized.  I suggest seeing an experienced injector for your request. 

Hope this helps and good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens  

Grant Stevens, MD

Cheek augmentation with juvederm

+1
You can get a very subtle, natural looking cheek augmentation using juvederm . The nice thing about Juvederm is that it feels soft and is also reversible. My experience is that it typically lasts for about a year in that area. One option you might consider is fat injections, it lasts longer and you can get more volume with it. It is the most natural filler , since it is your own tissue.

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon