What Caused Juvederm to Migrate Above the Lip Line Causing a Road Bump Appearance?

Hello, last month I had Juvederm injected just in my border and it ended up as a lump on either side of my lip. I had that dissolved and waited a week and had it injected in the meat of my lip instead. Now it seems to be traveling up and outside the border. I had my injections done at a PS office by his nurse. I've had several friends that had their lips done there with great results. Is it possible it's something about my lip? Are there any EXPERT lip doc's out there in Illinois?

Juvederm Migrating Outside the Lip Border

+1

Unfortunately, fillers are not something that anyone and everyone can inject. Though it may seem intuitive to inject something into an area for volume, the practitioner must actually be very experienced and educated in the muscle, nerve, bone, and fibrous anatomy of the structure they are working on. They must also know threading techniques, as well as how to mold the product after injection, how long to apply pressure, and how much product to use. There is an artistry to enhancing features. I would recommend that you have the remaining product dissolved (or continually massage the area trying to bring it back down), and start over with a physician. Make sure to ask to see before and after photos and inquire about their experience and education. 

Juvederm filler for lips

+1

You should have the plastic surgeon assess your lips.  A different injection technique may work better for you.

Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm in lips

+1

Sounds like you are having a bit of trouble with your injection of juvederm to your lips.  I can not answer why it is lumping above your lip. It sounds like an injection technqiue issue. Why don't you have the doctor do it next time?

Juvederm can be dissolved with Hyaluronidase

+1

Juvederm can cause some lumpiness above the lip line, depending on how it was injected and how your lips move. But, it can be dissolved with Hyaluronidase if you don’t like the way it affects your appearance.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Movement of Juvederm filler in the lip

+1
Your description is highly unusual.and you should ask the plastic surgeon of that practice, who supervises the nurse who injected you, to evaluate your lip anatomy before you attempt to have more filler.