Until when After Juvederm Can I Massage the Area?

How long after having Juvederm injections can I still message the area? Or is there any way to warm up the area enough to massage it?

Massaging Juvederm

+1

Generally speaking, the Juvederm is placed in a precise location and shouldn't be moved around which can happen with aggressive massage. That said, occasionally a little bump forms where the Juvederm has bunched together, and in this case the bump can be firmly massaged down. Typically you have up to about 2 weeks to massage the product.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Opinion Varies

+1

Some physicians do not like their patients to message at all. They are afraid that the Juvederm might land up in areas that it swas not intedned to be placed.

Other physicians encourage their patients to message away any lumps. To smooth the juvederm out.

Either way, certainly after two weeks there is nothing beneficial to message. Whatever result you have at that time is what you will end up having.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist