Under Eye Lump After Juvederm

I had Juvederm injected under my eyes in August 2007. The doctor overfilled the right eye, leaving me with a huge lump. It was superficially injected, causing the skin to lighten under my eyes. The doctor told me to wait it out. However, after this long period, it is still there. Is there anything I can do?

Juvederm undereye lump 6 years later

+1

It is entirely possible for Juvederm to remain lumpy under the eye for years when overfilled. Luckily, this can be reversed with hyaluronidase injection. It may take a few tries - Juvederm is much more resistant to dissolution than Restylane.

Web reference: http://www.nayakplasticsurgery.com/injectable-fillers.html

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, you can fix this ASAP

+1

Juvederm can last a very long time when it is placed under the eyes. That can be great.....if your happy with the result. However, if your not satisfied with the result, waiting can be difficult. Assuming that the fullness is caused by residual Juvederm, it can be removed very easily. It is can be treated with an injection of Hyaluronidase, which is safe and involves a few small injections. Most of the fullness will go away within a day.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon