Juvederm Lumps in Lips? (photo)

I got my lips done almost exactly a month ago, and they look like when you draw cartoon clouds, with the little loop-de-loops. Mainly when I smile, and they actually look good when I relax, help!? Today I was told to massage them in the shower, which I did, and now they are even worse and it just moved the balls around! The pictures do not do the lumps justice, but I am hoping you can see what I am referring to, because everyone else can in person!

Lump solution

+1

Hyaluronidase (Vitrase) can be injected to dissolve the filler.  This will most likely be injected with a small needle which is a similar size to the needle used to inject the Juvederm.  The good news is it is completely reversible.  The bad news is you will dissolve the filler you paid for.  Therefore, when considering options on which provider should inject your lips, you should see an experienced lip-injector with a nice portfolio of before and afters for you to look at.  This lets you know the injector's style and philosophy on lip enhancement.  Not all providers are created equally!  Most patients want natural lip enhancement, which complements their features. 

Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

Lumps from Juvederm

+1

Luckily there is a product that can be injected into the lumps called hyaluronidase (Vitrase is the brand name). Typically the lumps will be improved within 24-48 hours.

Rosalyn George, MD
Wilmington Dermatologic Surgeon