Will Vitrase Injection Help with Juvederm Lump?

As I related in an earlier post, I had Juvederm injected into the upper forehead area about 10 days ago. To say this is a nightmare would be an understatement. Instead of filling the wrinkle area, I am left with a visible bump. In addition, the track from the needle remains visible, and finally, unless I am going crazy, at a downward angle from the injections sight, there are three reddened spots that are connected to the needle track.

Thoughts? Prayers? Will getting a Vitrase injection help this or make it worse? Should I just let it go with time?

Juvederm and forehead wrinkles

+1

I am sorry that you are unhappy with your treatment. If the bump is still present and you see track marks of a bluish hue you  may want the product dissolved by having hyaluronidase injected.

Juvederm for Forehead Wrinkles - lumps and bumps

+1

The forehead lines are more challenging to fill with cosmetic dermal fillers because of the problems you are describing.  Products, such as Juvederm, are more difficult to place and smooth in these areas and requires meticulous technique.  Being that it is ten days post-treatment, you may want to allow for several more days before considering Vitrase/hyaluronidase injections.  Areas such as the forehead and temples require more time to smooth and fill.

If you and your practitioner agree that hyaluronidase is a good option, it should not take weekly injections to resolve the product.  In our experience, one visit is typical. 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Vitrase for Juvederm bump

+1

Although the bump will eventually self-resolve, this could take months.  Massaging the area would help flatten the lump out.  Weekly injections of small volumes of Vitrase would be beneficial.  I usually suggest returning to the treating physician to express your concerns. 

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist