Will Juvederm Lumps Fade Away Eventually?

Well, I wish I read this board BEFORE I had Juvederm injected for some forehead lines. That being said, the result isn't great. Not horrible, but definitely a visible lump in one place. Will this go away as the Juvederm dissipates?

I don't recommend Juvederm above the eyes because of possible complications.

+2

Normally, I recommend fillers for the bottom of the face only because placement in the brow carries additional risks. In general I have the rule of Botox above the eyes and fillers below the eyes. It is true that Juvederm is not permanent and massage will take away the lump. I recommend doing Botox next time and staying away from fillers for this area.

Juvederm lump

+1

If you notice a lump from juvederm and it was recently injected, you can porbably massage it out to flatten it. If it does not respond, your doctor can inject it with hyaluronidase and it will basically dissolve in a day or two.

Juvederm lump

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm are forgiving because they are not permanent. The lump should self resolve, but that would take months. If massage of the area does not work, I would return to the individual who performed the injections for one or more injections of hyaluronidase. If the material is somewhat superficial, it can be drained through a very small stab incision. Please do not attempt to do this on your own.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Juvederm Lump on Forehead...Always Read RealSelf.com Before a Procedure

+1

Hi titans,

Yes.  Massage and a little shot of dilute hyaluronidase should facilitate the disappearance of the visible Juvederm bump.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Juvederm Lumps

+1

The best treatment for hyaluronic acid filler lumps is gentle massage and time. If the lump is still unacceptable, then a careful injection of hyaluronidase will usually correct the problem. I recommend seeking consultation with a Board Certified Surgeon for these types of secondary corrections with hyaluronidase -- especially for treatments around the eyes.

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon