Bubble and Bruising After Juvederm on Lips

I had my lips injected with Juvederm. They look great and I am overall happy with the results. However, I have a "bubble" on my lip that I thought at first was a blister. It isn't a blister after all since it has not changed at all in 3 weeks. Also, my top lip is still bruised after 3 weeks. I have been back to my plastic surgeon to show him my lips and he said he doesn't know what it is. He said he has never seen that with any other patient before.

Your

+1

usually the "bubble" you mention is the result of too much juvederm deposited at one site...when this happens and it's too superficial in the skin or lip...then a "bubble" forms...with firm pressure this can be dispersed into the surrounding skin...alternatively a small amount of substance - hyaluronidase - can be injected that readily dissolves the problem...interestingly if you don't address the problem, the localized deposit tends to last a long, long time...the bruising may take time to resolve...a warm compress and maybe some arnica might help...

Juvederm bubble on lips

+1

This bubble may be Juvederm injected too superficially or some glands on your lips that are more evident after the injections.  You should ask your plastic surgeon for referral to a colleague of his who may have seen similar cases and can suggest treatment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox - bubble and bruise

+1

It's hard to say what the bubble might be without seeing you in person.  I agree that it may be some Juvederm that is injected too superficially and you feel the product in your lips.  It should go away over time, or if it is really bothering you, there is a product that can dissolve the Juvederm that can be used.  It's unusual for your lip to be bruised at 3 weeks. Regardless, Juvederm dissolves slowly in your body over the course of several months so if these problems were caused by product, they will go away.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Don't worry too much after Juvederm on lips

+1

Tlp,

Without seeing you it's difficult to answer your question but it sounds like some of the juvederm may simply be a little too superficial under your lips. This can occasionally cause a litle blip like blister. Over time it will go away, or if your surgeon thinks this is the problem he/she may opt to simply open the blister sterily and remove the juvederm there. Please do not do this yourself.

Peyman Solieman, MD