Juvederm lip injections: Lips are bruised and swollen (Photo)
Doctor Answers 3
Bruised and Swollen after Juvederm
Have a question? Ask a doctor
Expectations following Juvederm Injections to Lips
Chapped lips and bruising after Juvederm injection
- The photo suggests that the injection nicked a small vein in the lips. This caused bruising.
- It may take several weeks to subside. Warm soaks may speed up the absorption.
- Chapping suggests an outbreak of cold sores.
- Call your doctor and discuss a prescription for topical or tablet anti-viral.
- If it is a cold sore outbreak, it should improve in 24 hours. You may need 5 days or longer of treatment.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.