Bruised and Swollen after Juvederm
It is not uncommon to get bruising and swelling after Juvederm injections in the lips. Lips are very vascular and have a higher chance of bruising with injections. I would give your lips 2 weeks for the swelling and bruising to subside and for the product to fully settle. After the two week mark if you are still having concerns i would recommend going back to your injector for an assessment.
Expectations following Juvederm Injections to Lips
It is not unusual to have persistent bruising in the lips at 4 days post-injection. This may be contributed to intake of aspiring, Ibuprofen or any other NSAIDS pre-injection. If you are concerned, I highly recommend you contact the provider who injected so he or she may assess your lips.
Chapped lips and bruising after Juvederm injection
- The photo suggests that the injection nicked a small vein in the lips. This caused bruising.
- It may take several weeks to subside. Warm soaks may speed up the absorption.
- Chapping suggests an outbreak of cold sores.
- Call your doctor and discuss a prescription for topical or tablet anti-viral.
- If it is a cold sore outbreak, it should improve in 24 hours. You may need 5 days or longer of treatment.