Hematoma from Juvederm Lip Injections?

I had Juvederm injected on the lip line for vertical lip lines. But the next morning, I noticed that the left side of my lip is swollen and black and blue, and so is about a quarter inch high toward lower right nostril. Inside the right lip is black-blue too. It looks like what might be described as a hematoma. What can I do about this? Thank you.

Hematoma after filler injection

+1

Yes, injecting a filler like juvederm may cause bruising especially when injected into the lips. This should get better over a few days time.

Hematoma of the lip

+1

Since it is so soon after the development of your hematoma, if there is a large blood clot present, the clot may be extracted manually by your doctor. 

In general, intermittent application of warm compresses and Arnica in pill and gel form can help promote healing of hematomas and bruising.

Good luck. 

San Diego Dermatologist