Juvederm lip fillers bruised, uneven shape? (photo)

i have just had juvederm lip fillers yesterday, my top lip is bruised and one side looks a lot bigger than the other could this just be swelling?? they look ok mouth closed but awful when i smile.. does this look normal?

Juvederm and bruising

+1
It is not uncommon to have bruising and swelling after Juvederm injections for the lips.  Wait 2 weeks to see your final result.  If you are not happy, please return to your injector for assessment.

Toronto Dermatologist

Swelling after filler to lips

+1

Asymetrical swelling/bruising is very common after filler, especially a few hours/couple days after being injected. Swelling/brusing can take sometimes up to 2 weeks to completely resolve. If after 2 weeks you feel it is uneven, I would suggest seeing your provider so she/he can correct it. 

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Uneven lips after lip injections

+1

Injections of the lips always causes some amount of swelling and this often causes an uneven appearance. It's too soon to tell whether or not your result is aesthetically acceptable, due to this swelling. Give it at least 10-14 days before having anything done and try to just let it settle.

Sheetal Sapra, MD
Ontario Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Lip Filler Swelling Resolves Over 2 Weeks

+1

After lip augmentation with Juvederm, the lips will swell for 1-3 days after the injection.  The swelling can be asymmetric and create an uneven appearance of the lips.  For this reason, I do not think you should judge the final results for 2 weeks after the injection.  

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lips bruised and uneven after Juvederm yesterday

+1

You most definitely have swelling. At one day out, your unevenness could be entirely swelling. So, you need to wait at least 10 days until the swelling and bruising subside entirely before assessing your results. The lips tend to swell a lot, and also Juvederm pulls water to itself right after injecting, so it is impossible to tell your final result at this point in time. 

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD