Why Won't This Juvederm Leave my Nose It's Been 8 Long Months Now?

It's been 8 months I am so unhappy still waiting on this juv to go . My nose looks terrible will it ever return to its original state I'm starting to get very discouraged . My bf and mom both say I don't look like myself dr won't do any more hylauronidase injections . Please help any info is helpful thanks

Juvederm Still In Face

+1

Unfortunately there is nothing that you can do but the hylauronidase injections. I'd suggest visiting an expert facial plastic surgeon who can help you achieve a desired final result, as this can be accomplished.

Before and after photos are helpful

+1

I agree with the previous comments made, but also would like to say it is hard to give additional recommendations without before and after pictures.  It sounds as if your Dr has already tried to reverse Juvederm with an anzyme called hylauronidase.  If your injector is unwilling to do more, then I recommend you get a second opinion.

Cheryl A. Hull, MD
Rogers Dermatologist

Juvederm in nose, 8 months later

+1

Juvederm will last longer in areas that do not move very much, such as the nose.  It can last even 18 months.  If you are not happy with the appearance, hyaluronidase injections can be done, though it sounds like you have had some done without improvement.  You may also just give it some more time.  A second opinion is another option as well.

(This answer is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for medical advice.  It is posted for patients’ general education only.  Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider for further evaluation of your individual case.)

Mireille Chae, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

Juvederm in nose

+1

Because your nose doesn't move very much, as opposed to your lips or your NFL lines, it will last longer in your nose. Potentially up to 18 months or so. Juvederm normally lasts 8-12 months for it all to go away and return to baseline, but this is when it's in the lips or NLF lines. If you don't like it, and you clearly don't, you can have Juvederm dissolved with an enzyme called hyaluronidase. This is why HA fillers like Juvederm are good - you don't have to keep them! 

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Juvederm lasts longer when injected on the bone

+1

I am sorry to hear that you are getting discouraged. The length of time that Juvederm lasts depends on where it was injected. In the nose most physicians inject directly on the bone if treating the bridge and less likely in the soft tissue space under the skin. That means the filler tense to move less and lasts longer anywhere from 9-18 months. If the physician who treated you as already tried hyaluronidase, there is still a possibility of it working but less so the further out from the time of injection. I would suggest seeing another physician who would feel comfortable doing that for you but there is always a chance it may not provide additional benefit. The last option is time. 

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Juvederm for the Nose

+1

Non-surgical corrections of irregularities of the nose with Juvederm can last up to a year and a half. The amount of time also depends on the type of Juvederm used. Juvederm Ultra Plus XC will last longer than Juvederm Ultra XC. Hyaluronidase injections will help dissolve the Juvederm, but you have to make sure that you are using the correct dosage.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Why Juvederm lasting longer in the nose

+1

Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid filler which has a duration of effect that is variable, depending on where it is injected. When injected in the nose, it can last 9-18 months. If you're so unhappy with the look, you may want to seek a second opinion as far as treatment options to get rid of it faster, or be patient. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon