Can I Have Juvederm Injected Between the Eyes?

I had Juvederm on my laugh line, which turned out pretty good. Now I want to have it on the forehead crow's feet. He said then he would use some Juvederm between my eyes. Will this be ok? Would it work?

Juvederm and animation lines

+1

The first treatment of choice for facial lines of animation is a neuromodulator like Botox or dysport.

Botox is the best treatment of the glabellar lines; however...

+1

for those persistent lines that remain after maximizing the results of Botox in this area, small volumes of Juvederm or Restylane can be used to help correct these stubborn creases.   Caution must be used when injecting fillers in this area due to the proximity to vital nerves and arteries in this area.  Make sure your injector is well skilled in this type of injection.

I hope I was helpful.

Steven E. Rasmussen, MD, FAAD
Austin Dermatologist

Juvederm injection in the glabella

+1

Juvederm is an excellent hyaluronic acid based injectable that can be used effectively for facial contouring.

Juvederm is commonly used around the lips, the smile lines, the marionette lines, under deep wrinkles, under deep scars, and even under and between the eyes.

In our practice, patients who are interested in this, typically received Botox to this area first as Botox will help relax the muscles that are causing this wrinkle. If they continue to have this depression, they may receive a small amount of Juvederm to help fill the area under this skin wrinkle.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Botox is a better choice for glabellar lines

+1
Botox works better on the forehead wrinkles and Crow’s feet, but Juvederm can also be used with good results for the frown lines between the eyebrows.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Juvederm between the eyes

+1

I use Juvederm between the eyes quite often. In many patients, aging naturally causes a small, but aesthetically significant loss of volume in this area. Replacing this volume returns a more youthful appearance to the glabellar area and medial part of the superior orbital rim. It is not my first choice for static or dynamic glabellar wrinkles - Botox works much better. However, just a little Juvederm under the vertical glabellar lines really enhances the effects of Botox.

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm injections between eyes are effective

+1

Juvederm between the eyes (glabella) is effective and appropriate for the vertical wrinkles that are not fully correctable with Botox alone. I would caution you that only a small volume should be used and care should be taken not to inject the material into a major blood vessel.

Rare complications including necrosis of the overlying skin in that area, and even blindness can occur (though I personally have never seen these complications) with injection of collagen to the glabella. In theory, these complications could also occur with any filler material to the glabella.

I would encourage you to find a practitioner who is experienced with injection of filler in this area.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Juvederm can be injected for glabellar lines

+1

Juvederm is really only FDA approved for the nasolabial folds (laugh lines). However, we use it almost anywhere on the face with excellent results. The glabella area ("11 lines"; the lines you make to get angry) is an excellent place for Juvederm injections. I would use Ultra for more superficial lines, and UltraPlus for the deeper lines in that area. I recently did a 10 years younger episode showing this exact procedure (Renee, season 4, episode 3), in case you want to see what it looks like before and after.

All this being said, you have to be careful of possible side effects - namely arterial occlusion, ulceration, and possibly blindness. Please discuss these possible side effects with your doctor before doing this procedure. If done right and done well, you will love the results.

Don't forget also, Botox is almost always essential prior to doing this procedure. It would be wise to do the Botox about 2 weeks prior to do getting this procedure done.

Good luck!

Don Mehrabi, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Juvederm does not last long for glabellar lines

+1

Soft tissue fillers like Juvederm do not work for very long for the lines at the glabella (center of the forehead.) It may blunt them but not for long. Botulinum toxin injections work better in this location. If you have already bought that Juvederm it might not be a bad idea just to make use of it.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Be careful injecting in this area

+1

Most of the forehead lines are dynamic lines that responds well to Botox. However,if you have a static line in this area it will help to have it injected. This is a very critical area for injection because of the proximity to the eye vessels. A careful retrograde injection must be used by an injector comfortable with this area.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS