Juvederm for Laugh Lines and Expression Lines

My expression and laugh lines bother me. Can Juvederm injections fill these in and still leave me looking natural, not like work was done?

Juvederm and other hyaluronic acid fillers work great for smile and laugh lines

+5

Juvederm and other hyaluronic acid-based fillers such as Restylane work very well for the lines from the nose to the mouth and the parenthesis around the mouth or, in medical terms, the nasolabial folds and marionette lines. I use both of these fillers on a daily basis in my Beverly Hills practice with great success. These are safe and effective materials and, while temporary, I can get them to last 6-12 months, depending upon where I inject them.

But beware of permanent fillers such as Artefill/Artecoll and silicone. These can cause severe reactions years after they have been injected. Remember, permanent fillers can cause permanent effects.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm needs to be done in tiny amounts around the eyes

+2

Juvederm and Restylane have been great fillers for laugh lines of the face but they both need to be done in tiny amounts at a time and often in a couple of sessions a few days to a week apart to get the best results. They last 6-9 months and cost roughly $550 per syringe.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

One cannibal said to the other, "Does this clown taste funny to you?"

+2

Juvederm is a great soft tissue filler. It works very well on the "laugh lines" around the mouth, the nasolabial folds. The laugh lines around the eyes or "crow's feet" are better treated with Botox.

So keep on laughing; remember that smiling is the best form of "plastic surgery".

Michael A. Persky, MD

Juvederm for laugh lines and expression lines

+1
Juvederm  is in excellent filler for laugh lines and expression lines and nasolabial folds. The injection takes approximately 20-30 minutes in the office, and anticipate at least 24 hours of some swelling in the cheeks where the product was placed.

Juvederm can give natural results

+1

Juvederm injections can definitely give you natural instantaneous results. While you may have some swelling and bruising initially, once that subsides, it is usually hard to tell that you have had anything done. Most people say that others tell them they look refreshed or younger, but they can't pinpoint why.

If it is done correctly, Juvederm is a great way to soften laugh lines. It normally lasts around 6 months, but can range anywhere from 4-14 months depending on the person.

Make sure the person injecting you has a clear sense of what your goals are. You can inject a little bit at a time and add more if necessary.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Juvederm for Laugh Lines

+1

JUVÉDERM® and other hyaluronic acid fillers are ideal for adding volume to deeper wrinkles, which minimizes their appearance. However, more important than the type of filler you choose is finding the right surgeon for your treatment. For the best results, you absolutely need an injector who is experienced with fillers, and also one with an understanding of the dimensionality of the underlying facial structure. Knowing where to direct the injection, administering the filler at the correct depth and knowing how to leave room for improvement (not leave you looking too “done”) are crucial to ensuring a great, natural looking outcome.

Joseph J. Castellano, MD
Tampa General Surgeon

+1

Yes, these nasolabial folds can be filled in using Juvederm, Restylane, Juevederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus, Perlane, ​or Radiesse which are listed in the increasing order of filler thickness for descriptive purposes.  The deeper the folds, the thicker the material that I like to use in order to fill them out.  

IMHO, Perlane or Juvederm Ultra Plus are ideally suited for deeper folds because they add volume without creating a noticable cord, within the fold, that sometimes occurs with Radiesse injections.  Sculptra can also be used to fill in deep folds but is a multi-stage series of injections where the injected crystals stimulate collagen formation with effects lasting up to 2 years.  The take home message is that there are numerous fillers available and an experienced MD can choose the one(s) that are best in your particular case.  

Juvederm for Laugh Lines

+1

Juvederm can give excellent results when it comes to getting rid of laugh and expression lines. Another dermal filler I would recommend for this purpose is Radiesse, which has a firmer consistency and also gives natural looking results.

The choice between the two fillers may depend on whether structural improvements are needed versus volume in the skin. Radiesse is ideal for structural enhancements. Juvederm adds volume and hydration to the skin as it works to augment tissue.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm is Excellent for Lines Around Mouth

+1

Yes.  Juvederm is a great soft tissue filler and it works well for lines around the mouth.  Many people like Juvederm because it gives a very natural, not overdone look and the results can last up to a year.

Steven Svehlak, MD

Juvederm works great for laugh lines

+1

Juvederm, a hyaluronic acid filler, works great for laugh lines or nasolabial folds around the mouth. The end result looks natural and not "over done". You might have bruising and swelling to the area treated for 5-7 days but it can be covered up using make-up. The laugh lines or crow's feet should be treated with Botox.