Juvederm for Laugh Lines and Expression Lines

My expression and laugh lines bother me. Can Juvederm injections fill these in and still leave me looking natural, not like work was done?

Juvederm and other hyaluronic acid fillers work great for smile and laugh lines

Juvederm and other hyaluronic acid-based fillers such as Restylane work very well for the lines from the nose to the mouth and the parenthesis around the mouth or, in medical terms, the nasolabial folds and marionette lines. I use both of these fillers on a daily basis in my Beverly Hills practice with great success. These are safe and effective materials and, while temporary, I can get them to last 6-12 months, depending upon where I inject them.

But beware of permanent fillers such as Artefill/Artecoll and silicone. These can cause severe reactions years after they have been injected. Remember, permanent fillers can cause permanent effects.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm needs to be done in tiny amounts around the eyes

Juvederm and Restylane have been great fillers for laugh lines of the face but they both need to be done in tiny amounts at a time and often in a couple of sessions a few days to a week apart to get the best results. They last 6-9 months and cost roughly $550 per syringe.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

One cannibal said to the other, "Does this clown taste funny to you?"

Juvederm is a great soft tissue filler. It works very well on the "laugh lines" around the mouth, the nasolabial folds. The laugh lines around the eyes or "crow's feet" are better treated with Botox.

So keep on laughing; remember that smiling is the best form of "plastic surgery".

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Gives Beautiful Results

Absolutely! But it's first important that you find a board certified dermatologist who is experienced with cosmetic fillers. Juvederm will give you beautiful, instantaneous results and it produces a natural enhancement that is gentle, safe and effective.

Excellent results possible!

Juvederm is a great solution for laugh lines and expression lines. It works by filling in the indentation of the wrinkle without interfering with the function of the underlying muscles. The results can be as dramatic or subtle as you desire depending on the amount of Juvederm injected. Usually our intention is to make you look as natural as possible…just with less prominent, softer wrinkles.That “worked on” look typically comes when larger quantities of filler injected to correct issues that would be better dealt with surgically. (ie: Trying to “fillup” a sagging face instead of having a face lift.) Over use of fillers result in a puffy “pillowface” that just does not look natural. When used judiciously, for the correct problems, Juvederm can produce excellent aesthetic results without looking overdone.

Fillers are great, and last up to 9 months!

In the vast majority of patients, the best treatment for laugh lines and expression lines is the use of hyaluronic acid fillers. These include Perlane, Restylane and Juvederm. These materials are highly effective, safe and result in a natural appearance.
In most cases, they last 6 to 9 months and may last up to a year following treatment. They are currently the gold standard for treating laugh lines and expression lines. When lumps and contour deformities occur following this procedure, they can be reversed with the enzyme hyaluronidase.
If you’re considering treatment of laugh lines and expression lines it’s important to consult a board certified surgeon. This surgeon should be able to formulate a plan that addresses your concerns.

Juvederm to combat lauch lines and expression lines.

Hard to give an opinion without photos. Often volume will help the soft tissue structures of the face. You may wish to globally volumize the face, or address a certain wrinkle. We have been successful in smoothing out expression lines and laugh lines.  Each patient is different. Choice of substance and placement may vary. Best to see an experienced injector. Tell him/her your issues and lifestyle. Together you will come up with an appropriate decision.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Juvederm for Laugh Lines and Facial Expression Lines

Juvederm is the perfect filler for laugh lines better known as the nasolabial area.  You can definitely have a natural look to rejuvenate the face and able to still look natural.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with facial cosmetic injections.

Juvederm for laugh lines and expression lines

Juvederm  is in excellent filler for laugh lines and expression lines and nasolabial folds. The injection takes approximately 20-30 minutes in the office, and anticipate at least 24 hours of some swelling in the cheeks where the product was placed.

Juvederm can give natural results

Juvederm injections can definitely give you natural instantaneous results. While you may have some swelling and bruising initially, once that subsides, it is usually hard to tell that you have had anything done. Most people say that others tell them they look refreshed or younger, but they can't pinpoint why.

If it is done correctly, Juvederm is a great way to soften laugh lines. It normally lasts around 6 months, but can range anywhere from 4-14 months depending on the person.

Make sure the person injecting you has a clear sense of what your goals are. You can inject a little bit at a time and add more if necessary.