How Long After Juvederm Should I Wait Before Having Other Facial Treatments?

How long after having Juvederm can one have IPL, Chemical Peel or Microdermabrasion without it effecting the juvederm? Thanks

Juvederm can be safely combined with other injectable fillers, but wait a week for laser treatments

+1

Juvederm can be safely combined with other injectable fillers like Radiesse or Restylane. In addition, once the filler has had time to integrate into the skin, which is usually about a week after the treatment, it is OK to do other laser treatments, such as Fraxel laser treatment. They should not degrade or dissolve the filler.

Web reference: http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/los-angeles-juvederm/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Generally we tell patients to wait a week

+1

Generally we tell patients to wait a week for any bruising and swelling to go away before having other facial treatments. For more information about Juvederm visit my website.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers and lasers

+1

As for having fillers and laser treatments, it really depends upon what type of laser treatments.  IPL can probably be done at the same time, but you may want to stagger them a week or two apart just in case you get irritated from the laser system treatment or by the fillers.

Noninvasive treatments can be done days after fillers

+1

As most treatment, such as microdermabrasion, lasers, and peels, do not penetrate the depth of the fillers, and there are no studies that demonstrate and adverse effect on the fillers by these procedures, provided that there is not too deep a pressure or manipulation of the recently injected filler, there shouldn't be a reason not to do the treatments as soon as a day after but usually we wait a few days, unless the other treatments are done immediately before the fillers, the same day.

Best to wait one week after filler treatments

+1

While all of the above treatments can be safely used after Juvederm, it is probably best to wait at least one week before having another procedure.  The treatments you mention do not affect the depth of skin or subcutaneous areas where the Juvederm was placed, but pressure (like from an IPL handpiece) might mold the Juvederm product in a way that is different from its original placement. Any bruising or swelling you have from the Juvederm should be resolved at one week, and you can proceed with other treatments.

Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm treatment before other treatments.

+1

I recommend at least a week or if any swelling or black and blue than until it resolves. Better safe than sorry having too many treatments at one time.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Other procedures after Juvederm

+1

Many patients have not only facial fillers, but also other treatments including microdermabrasion and laser treatments on the face.  After injection, it takes several days for Juvederm to hydrate fully and settle in the skin.  In addition, swelling and bruising often occurs with Juvederm injections, which can also take some time to resolve. 

For these reasons, I would wait around 2 weeks or so before having more facial procedures.  We do not have enough evidence based guidlines to make specific recommendations, so I would discuss this question directly with your doctor so he or she can specifically evaluate your case.

Wait at least a few days after Juvederm before most facial treatments

+1

You should wait at least several days after all filler injections before any facial treatments that will put pressure on your skin because all fillers are somewhat malleable for several days. Peels should not be a problem but most IPL devices, lasers and microdermabrasion could potentially change the shape of your filler if heavy pressure is applied during the treatment.

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial Treatments After Juvederm Injections

+1

Hi,

All of the treatments that you have asked about (IPL, Chemical Peel, & Microdermabrasion) are superficial and should not go deep enough to affect your Juvederm.  I would recommend waiting at least until your swelling and redness resolve from your Juvederm injections.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P