Ultrasound for Juvederm Bruising?

I had Juvederm injections under my eyes on Friday. They hit a vein under each eye, which caused bruising. The nurse mentioned something about coming back for an ultrasound for the bruising if it does not improve. How does this work?

I recommend Auriderm and Arnica Montana

+2

I'm not impressed with the ultrasound treatments for bruising. I recommend Auriderm cream (Vitamin K oxide) and Arnica Montana pills for the peri-orbital bruising after hyaluronic acid injections around the eye.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Ultrasound would be helpful for bruising

+2

Ultrasound essentially heats the skin, promoting increased blood flow and resorption of the iron/hemoglobin that gives the skin that purple hue. It would be helpful. Another suggestion would be to use Arnica Montana which comes in the form of pills and a topical gel (available at many health-food and produce stores).

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Bruise-pak tablets for Juvederm bruising

+1

This bruising after facial filler injections or Juvederm will resolve.  I would recommend taking Arnica Bruise-Pak tablets before and after your next injection. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Bruising after lower eyelid injection

+1

It is very common to develop some bruising afte fillers are placed along the nasojugal groove and lower eyelid tear trough line.  This will go way on its own in a few days.

Options for Profound Bruising after Juvederm

+1

In our experience, using the pulsed dye laser offers a much more effective and quicker resolution to profound bruising than topical or oral products.  There seems to be a narrow window of opportunity to effectively dramatically fade or resolve the bruise.  We recommend performing a "bruise reversal" within 48 hours of onset for best results.  If your practitioner is offering the ultrasound treatment, you may want to consider it.  We are only familiar with the consistent results with a pulsed dye laser.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD