How Deep Are Juvederm Injections?

I am thinking of having Juvederm. How far does the needle have to go? Is it just under the skin or deeper? Is it right in the lines a round your mouth? I have very hollow cheeks. Please tell me all about the treatment.

Juvederm is injected in the dermis

+1

or under the dermis. It depends on the region and the condition, that is treated. If it used for hollow eyes, Juvederm is injected under  the muscle.

Mainz Dermatologic Surgeon

Into the Dermis

+1

The needle is injected into the dermis, the layer just under the top layer of the skin. Juvderm Ultra is employed into the mid and deep dermis. Thus the needle does not go very far into the skin.

Juvederm is excellent for hollow cheeks. You are advised to check out other answers on this site regarding cheek augmentation. This procedure can make a world of difference but must be performed carefully.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist