Juvederm injections caused severe pain to my nasolabial area, nose and upper teeth

I have had a CT of sinuses, dental x rays and exam - all normal. I've taken antibiotics and a steroid pack. I had the enzyme injections to dissolve the Juvederm, but that didn't help to alleviate the pain. Now I am taking Lyrica. My appearance is normal but I have been suffering for 2 months. What should I do next to treat this pain? Comments please. Di

Contact your injector to discuss your concerns.

+1
Contact your injector to discuss your concerns. If your injector can not assist you in any way, consider speaking with someone at Allergan. Allergan makes these products and may have a suggestion for next steps.

Juvederm Injections and post injection pain

+1
Dear Diane,

While it is our job on realself to answer questions we know the answer to, I also feel like it is our responsibility to say something when we do not. I feel regret when I see a question that has no answers when the patient is so desperately seeking some advice. I personally have never experienced a patient having any discomfort after Juvederm minus the few days of possible swelling or bruising etc.. I would speak with your injecting surgeon and possibly contact Allergan or have your injecting surgeon contact them to see if there is any history that matches yours. I would check your batch numbers of your injection make sure you had Juvederm injected versus another substance and go from there. I am sorry I can not be of more help I do wish you a quick recovery. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD