Side Effects of Juvederm Injected Under Eyes?

I look tired with little fat under my eyes. If I decide to have Juverderm under my eyes, what could be the side effects or consequences?

Juvederm under the eyes

+1

Injecting filler along the lower lid cheek junction can cause bruising, swelling and you may even notice some lumps.

Juvederm in Lower Eye Lid Area

+1

Hi,

The most common adverse event following Juvederm injections in the lower eyelid area is excessive swelling and lumpiness.

I have found that Juvederm in the lower lid may swell even when minimal amounts are placed. On the other hand, I have found that Restylane is much more reliable in this delicate and unforgiving area. Therefore I only use Restylane for filling under the eyelid area.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Puffiness most frequent side effect

+1

Juvederm and Restylane can be injected to improve hollowing, but I recommend the injections be placed very deep to prevent bluish discoloration and that the injections be done conservatively over 2-4 visits. This is one of the most problematic areas, so go to a very experienced injector. At least these 2 HA fillers can be reversed if there is a problem. Good luck.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist