Juvederm Injected in Vermilion Border Only

Hello, I had a 1/2 syringe of Juvederm injected into my lip border yesterday. When I smile it looks like I have a bump on each side of the lip. The bumps are a litter larger than a pea and go over the lip border onto my skin, as well as on my lip. They don't feel hard, could this just be swelling? I also have bruising along the border. Also, no juvederm was injected into the cupids bow area, is this area usually left alone? Thank you for your time :)

Vermilion border juvederm

+1

Every doctor injects a bit diffrently, and so it is diffiuclt to say whether injecting one way is better than another.  If you feel bumps, they may need to be smoothed out.

Juvederm in the vermillion border

+1

The bumps may not be swelling and you may need some more filler next to them to taper the effect for a smooth contour, or it may be overfilling and you may need massage or hyaluronidase injected to dissolve the lump of filler. The cupid's bow is often, but not always, treated, depending on the thickness of the vermillion in this region, which at times is thicker than the rest of the lip, but the injections should keep the lip proportional throughout.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Juvederm Injection Enhancement of the Lip

+1

The IDEAL lip has a fullness with a gentle pout with a hint of without a clear separation of the lips, good definition of the vermilion and philtral columns and transverse to slightly up pointing lateral corners of the mouth (oral commissures).

How this lip is achieved depends on the eye of your Plastic surgeon, his skill, your present lip, wishes and ability to pay for the needed treatments. The amount of Juvederm used would depend on each woman and it would need to be injected where it is needed, including the philtral columns and corners of the mouth. Squirting filler into a lip as is done by some injectors is the reason for the often repeated "First Wives Club" Duck Lip imagery. Does not take skill nor time and you get what you paid for.

In your case, I cannot comment without a picture but a pea sized bump on either side of the lip does not sound good.