Juvederm Injected in Nasolabial Triangle: Edema Still at 21 Days?

I'm a female in my mid-20's and I had Juvederm injected 21 days ago in my right nasolabial triangle to correct a sneer-look + asymmetry between my rt/lt profiles. After the procedure I was concerned bc the sneer looked worse, the next day I called my derms office and was told not to worry, to expect some bruising/swelling for up to 2 wks. The swelling/tenderness have gone down, but my rt profile still looks bad/feels puffy. How long should I expect the edema to last, is there anything I can do?

Juvederm in folds

+1

Without knowing how you loooke before treatment it is hard to tell.  Swelling can persist in the area of treatment.  I tmay last a few days or a few weeks.  Give it some time.

Juvederm for asymmetric nasolabial

+1

In your reversed right profile, it does appear that there is a fullness on the outer aspect of the smile crease. If that is secondary to filler that squeezed its way to that area while being injected in the smile crease, then it can be dissolved with hyaluronidase injections and you can attempt to have a filler placed, again, more towards the inner aspect of the smile crease.

Ronald Shelton, MD