I had Juvederm injected into my vertical lip lines. It's been 3 weeks, and my profile still looks like a duck? (photo)

My upper lip is also still hard to the touch. One side has more filler than the other, as it had more vertical lines. Would you suggest I simply wait it out, or can warm compresses help?

Juvederm for lip lines

+2
You should return to your doctor for assessment since the filler can last a long time.  The Juvederm can be dissolved and you may need to have more filler injected afterwards.  Restylane may be a better product for you, but small amounts.
Toronto Dermatologist

After filler to vertical lip lines

+2

I suggest you going to see your provider for further evaluation and perhaps he/she can dissolve some of the product. In the future Belotero (filler) would be a better choice for this area in combination with some Botox. 

I had Juvederm injected into my vertical lip lines. It's been 3 weeks, and my profile still looks like a duck?

+2

For you now simply too late and to much injected in some of the "kiss' lines. In my practice I offer a series of 3 weekly visits to correct these issues of the "kiss" lines.. I start with a combination of Belotero Balance filler (only 1/2 a syringe) with drops of BOTOX along each side of the vertical lines. Wait a week, than repeat this treatment for ones I may have missed or correction to ones that need more. Then on week 3, a final examination and only filler if needed. On average I use 1 to 2 syringes of filler and 12 to 20 units of Botox. Fees from $2,000 to $3,500 range. I find a slow series of injections allows a more controlled result.

Duck lip after Juvederm

+2

With any fillers, injector experience is key! At this point in time your Juvederm is well set, so warm compresses and massaging will do nothing to help. If you don't want to wait for it all to go away (which will take 6-12 months), you can see your injector (or another experienced injector....) for some hyaluronidase to remove some (or all) of the Juvederm. 

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

The Juvederm will need to be removed at this point if you want to get rid of the big lip.

+2

Juvederm swells more than some of the other HA fillers, and that is why your lip appears so big here.  It will take several months before it gets back to a normal size.  You can have some hyaluoronidase injected which will dissolve the gel.  . 

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

"Duck Lip"

+1

Juvederm is a wonderful product when injected by an experienced injector.  There are numerous techniques available to help with lip lines and the same technique is not necessarily used on each person.  At three weeks, the associated edema has probably diminished.  After assessing the picture, it looks as if the majority of the product is in the upper lip, above the vermillion border.  When treating the lips for vertical lines, one must assess the perioral area as a whole.  At this point, you can wait it out, although it could last 6 to 18 months.  If you do not like the look, your injector should have access to an injectable that will reverse the product with swift absorption, usually within 24 hours, but all your product may be depleted.  A minute amount of Vitrase can be injected and massaged throughout the lip with emphasis on the area of more product for better symmetry.  The key is an experienced injector when it comes to the optimal outcome.

Thank you,

Dr. Mizuguchi