Bump After Juvederm in Lips

I had juvederm injected in my lips almost 2 weeks ago and now I have a bump on the top lip, does this go away? I had juvederm injected into my lips about 12 days ago, and my lips have been looking great and the swelling has gone away. All of a sudden, I noticed a fairly large bump had formed on my upper lip but more underneath. Is this normal, and will it go away? This really came out of nowhere!

Bumps and uneveness following Juvederm

+1

I am sorry that you are having some bumps in your lips following your Juvederm injection.  These uneven areas can arise if the material is placed too superficially.  The best (and worst) feature of the hyaluronic acid fillers is that they do go away with time.  If this bump doesn't resolve in a few weeks, you can go back to your doctor to have this area treated with hyaluronidase to dissolve some of the juvederm.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Unusual bump after Juvederm injection is common

+1

Lumps and bumps after filler injections are common.  I would wait another 2 weeks to see if resolves on it's own, if not, then return to your injector for an evaluation and treatment.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

A bump in the lips after Juvederm can be dissolved away

+1

A bump in the lips after Juvederm can be dissolved away. However, we usually like to wait about a month after the procedure to make sure there’s no swelling or bruising left.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm injection to the lips. Nodule after lip augmentation.

+1

The bump you have on your lip 2 weeks after injection of Juvederm for lip augmentation may represent either a hematoma or a small amount of superficial product. Allow 4 weeks to expire and if still present consider injection of a small amount hyaluronidase. I hope this helps.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Lip augmentation

+1

Sudden appearance of a lump days after the injection into the lip is a problem that your doctor need to see and rule out infection . Call your doctor for examination to dtermine what is the problem

Bump after Juvederm on the lip

+1

If there is a delayed bump after Juvederm was injected into your lip you should see your doctor to make sure it is not an infection, granuloma or migration . Possibly hyaluronidase can be injected and flatten the lump

Ronald Shelton, MD

Bump on lip after fillers

+1

A bump on the lip may be several different things.  It could be the filler itself which you may be able to massage out. It could be a small hematoma.  It can also be a small cold sore that is developing. These are just a few things it could be.  Speak with your doctor.