Had Juvederm in Mid Cheek, Now Have Horrific Circle Under Eyes from the Difference in Volume. Help?

Wanted juvederm in upper cheek to help lift my deflated cheeks. Doc said I needed more mid-face so it wouldnt be so flat with defined cheekbones. Now, especially on one side, you can see a pronounced eye circle from the bone of the eye socket up to the lower eye where it now creates a big back and looks very obvious in daylight that something has been done. There is not a smooth transition from the eye to the cheek.

Might need a hint of Juvederm!

+1

I agree with colleagues here that this may be the result of persistent swelling if you've been treated within the last 3-5 days. Beyond that you may need to go back for re-evaluation. Oftentimes a small touch up with extra material will do the trick. Occasionally, we also need to dissolve a bit of juvederm in certain locations to achieve optimal results.

Juvederm for the cheek

+1

How long ago did you have your treatment? If it is very soon after your injections were performed, swelling will be a factor and will interfere with the result you are seeing. I would recommend giving it a little bit of time. If necessary, the filler can be dissolved with the enzyme hyaluronidase. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Juvederm in cheeks

+1

It would have been nice to include a picture of what you are describing - but nevertheless, if you don't like the effect of the injected filler, in this case Juvederm, after a period of 2 weeks, you can have hyaluronidase injected to dissolve the Juvederm product. One or two injuctions are usually all that is necessary to dissolve the Juvederm.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Options after treatment with Juvederm

+1

If it has been less than a week since your treatment, give it some time as there may be residual edema (swelling) that is contributing to the appearance you describe.  If it has been quite a while since your treatment, then the Juvederm can always be dissolved with an injection of hyaluronidase (Vitrase).   

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Juvedrem to cheeks

+1

We do not have all the information. When the Juvederm was injected, how much??

This could be swelling, then you need to wait till all the swelling or bruises are gone, then make a judgement. If the problem persists then need to disolve the juvederm and treat the original problem appropriately