Juvederm in Lips One Month Post, Too Swollen, Feels Tight. Possible to Dissolve a Little?

I topped off Juvederm from 2 months prior (too soon!), less than a 1/2 a syringe (I get touch-ups every four months) & this time, my upper lip was so swollen & ducky. I've remained calm, have been waiting it out for a month, but it looks the same. It feels tight, which I've never experienced before. I know people dissolve this stuff, but how realistic is it to spot treat an overfill? I don't want to flush all of it out, just the excess. I recently moved to LA so I need a new doctor. Thanks much!

Removing small amounts of Juvederm

+1

It's quite simple for an experienced injector to remove a small amount with hyaluronidase, without removing all of the Juvederm. On the RealSelf page there's a place where you can find local physicians and there are many, many in the LA area who have great amounts of experience with fillers and could easily remove just a bit of the Juvederm you feel is overfilled. 

Too much juvederm

+1

I agree with Dr. Feldman and would dissolve some of the product. It is possible that more than you want may be dissolved but you can then add a little back. Anyone who does a lot of this can use a "touch up" syringe with just a tiny bit if this is all that you need. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Dissolving Juvederm

+1

It is possible to dissolve Juvederm with Hyaluronidase.  Most offices that do a lot of filler have this product on hand.  It usually takes a very small amount of Hyaluronidase to correct a problem such as yours.  In the future you may want to wait a bit longer in between treatments to prevent this issue.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist