Can juvederm in lips inadvertently cause smile lines around mouth? (photo)

I had 1.5 syringe juvederm in lips 2 mos ago. The lips look good however my Dr had to inject some above lip border on left side of top lip to create symmetry. I feel that the product on that side is slightly causing a long smile crease especially when I move mouth or talk. Should I wait for juve to dissolve in hopes all will go back to normal? The crease def wasn't there before lip injection. The other side does not have a crease as the product is within lip border.

Juvederm Causing Crease Line

+1
Dear Adelaide781, I think you virtually answered your own question here. My first reaction was it is unlikely that product placed above the lip border would increase the nasolabial folds as they are removed from each other, but if what you are seeing disappears six months after injection, then it would be reasonable to assume that there is some association there. You probably should ask your doctor if he did apply any of the product closer to the nasolabial folds. I hope this has been helpful. Robert D. Wilcox, M.D.

Can juvederm in lips inadvertently cause smile lines around mouth?

+1

I see some very minor asymmetry that could be corrected with more filler injected. Or allow the metabolize of the filler to occur and the look will return to pre filler..