Juvederm in Lips 2.5 or 3 Days Ago and Puffy Under Nose?

I had Juvederm Ultra put into my smile lines and some in my upper lip to add some volume and I am a little worried if this is my final result!?!?? My lips themselves look great, and I don't remember her actually injecting above my lips at all, but it looks as though I have stuffed bread up under my teeth... A chipmunk is the only way I can describe it:S Please let me know if I should go back and get it dissolved or fixed or whether this is common??? Thanks!

Juvederm in lips 2.5 or 3 days ago and puffy under nose?

+1

It is still very soon after your treatment and you are right around the peak of
your swelling. It can take up to 2 full weeks for the result of your treatment
to be visible. In general, a lip augmentation with Juvederm may result in:

1) Swelling
2) A "puffy" appearance
3) Light bruising

Don't worry, as this can happen after the injections. Swelling is generally
common, but every patient is different. What you are seeing is not your final
result, and I would not try and have anything dissolved just yet. I would
recommend communicating your concerns with your provider, as they will be able
to provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and good luck.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I would wait at least 2 weeks after filler injection before considering reinjection or dissolution with hyaluronidase. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Filler in the lips

+1

Being swollen after Juvederm in the lips is common, and can make things look distorted. Give it two weeks before making your final decision. Ice pack a few times per day and sleeping upright or with a few pillows under your head will assist gravity in pulling the fluid out. If things still look uneven after two weeks, I would follow up with your injector. Juvederm can always be erased with hyaluronidase if you're displeased.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers to lips

+1

It's not uncommon to have short term swelling of the lips following injections of HA fillers.  On occasion the swelling can be a little worse a day or two following the injections.  Give it a week or so to settle out and meet with your doctor if you are not happy with the results.

Anthony E. Brissett, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Juvederm injections to the lips

+1

Every one is going to get some degree of swelling after an filler injection.  Juvederm is no different. I would give the area another week to resolve on its own if it does not then you should see your physician.  Injecting a soft tissue filler is very technically dependent.  

Juvederm in lips and puffiness now under nose

+1

Often times even though filler is done in the lips, areas around the lips, such as the area between the nose and mouth, will swell. It's probably not due to her injecting there, but just due to swelling in general. You should not do anything to the area for a minimum of 2 weeks. Let the swelling resolve on its own and then decide if you need some dissolved. But wait for now. Ice if you want, but keep your hands away from the area and don't press on it - that won't help at all.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD