Juvederm in Cheek Resulted in Unilateral Eye Bag?

I had juvederm injected in my cheek bone area for enhancement (1/2 syringe/ side). 4 months later, I had additional juvederm (1/2 syringe/side) injected into the front of my cheeks to add more volume in the malar region. The 1st go with juvederm was flawless. The day following the 2nd round of juvederm, I noticed a small bump developing under my left eye. Dr. Said it was likely vein trauma & would resolve. 3 days later, I developed a bag under the eye. 6 weeks later, still have bag. Help!

Unilateral bag under one eye, 6 weeks after Juvederm?

+1

If you still have swelling after 6 weeks it is not going to get better on it's own anytime soon. That lump of product you mentioned sounds like it may have been too superficial and that's what can cause swelling.  I would consider a very small amount of Hyaluronidase diluted into the area of concern. It should resolve the issue.

+1

Thank you for your question. You should return to your provider who injected the product for an evaluation. There are several possibilities, likely migration of product under the eye producing a bag or some swelling that is still resolving from nerve or vein injury.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in injectables for an evaluation and  for the safest and most effective treatments.   I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Bag under eye after Juvederm

+1

Dear Chitony

-You should go back to your injector to have a look

-You may need to dissolve the Juvederm as it probably absorbed water causing the bag

-If your plastic surgeon or dermatologist cannot help you, you should seek out a second opinion, there are things that can be done.

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD