How Long Before Hemosiderin Stain After Juvederm Resolves?

I had severe bruising from Juvederm injections, which caused hemosiderin stain. Bruise is gone, but brown/gray stain is left where bruise was. Currently using Auriderm for 3 weeks with no improvement. Thanks.

Hemosiderin Stains can be Removed with Laser Treatments

+1

We have successfully resolved hemosiderin stains using q-switched laser treatments. Q-switched lasers are the same type used to remove sun spots, tattoos and birthmarks. They work very well to remove these marks.

Juvederm Injections and Hemosiderin Stains

+1

Hi Rian,

Sorry to hear about your bruising and "staining".  It may take many months for the hemosiderin stains to resolve.  We advise patients to use warm compresses twice a day, it seems to help.

I hope that it resolves quickly for you.  Be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Hemosiderin stain

+1

Unfortunately, the brown pigmentation of hemosiderin can hang around for several months. I am not aware of any intervention that can expedite the resolution of hemosiderin staining. You may simply need to apply cover-up makeup (Dermablend, Colorescience, Lycogel, etc) until this problem spontaneously resolves.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist