How Long Before Hemosiderin Stain After Juvederm Resolves?

I had severe bruising from Juvederm injections, which caused hemosiderin stain. Bruise is gone, but brown/gray stain is left where bruise was. Currently using Auriderm for 3 weeks with no improvement. Thanks.

Hemosiderin Stains can be Removed with Laser Treatments

We have successfully resolved hemosiderin stains using q-switched laser treatments. Q-switched lasers are the same type used to remove sun spots, tattoos and birthmarks. They work very well to remove these marks.

Juvederm Injections and Hemosiderin Stains

Hi Rian,

Sorry to hear about your bruising and "staining".  It may take many months for the hemosiderin stains to resolve.  We advise patients to use warm compresses twice a day, it seems to help.

I hope that it resolves quickly for you.  Be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hemosiderin stain

Unfortunately, the brown pigmentation of hemosiderin can hang around for several months. I am not aware of any intervention that can expedite the resolution of hemosiderin staining. You may simply need to apply cover-up makeup (Dermablend, Colorescience, Lycogel, etc) until this problem spontaneously resolves.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist