Can Juvederm Seep into the Gums and Teeth?

Is it possible for Juvederm to seep into the gums and teeth? Can it also cause gum and teeth pain after three months of injection into the folds of my chin on each side of my mouth?

Juvederm won't seep into adjacent tissues

+1

No, Juvederm won't seep into the surrounding tissues like the gums..it's to thick of a substance for that to happen.

Juvederm migration

+1

Juvederm injection pretty much goes where it was injected. I have never seen it migrate, and after a few days, it pretty much is firm.  If you are having gum and tooth pain, I suggest you see a dentist or oral surgeon.  I doubt the two are  related. 

Juvederm and gum pain

+1

It is not likely for any filler to have delayed migration into the gum tissues. The migration would have happened in the first 2 days of the injection. After that it is almost impossible.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm; Can It Migrate to Gums and Teeth?

+1

Hi May,

Juvederm will not migrate to the gums and teeth.  If you are having pain in those areas you should visit your dentist for an exam.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Juvederm does not migrate

+1

Juvederm and other injectable products do not migrate into the gums and teeth.  If you provide pictures, we may be able to give you more specific advice.  

David Shafer, MD

No

+1

One of the advantges if both the hyaluronic acid and collagen fillers, is that, unlike say Silicone, it does not migrate.

Gum and teeth pain should not be blamed on these products. Either you have a dental problem unrelated or conceivably your problem could be related to the injection itself. But your problem is definitely not from Juvederm seepage.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist