Juvederm for a Forehead Line?

I have a line across my forehead which is there even if I dont move. Will Juvederm fill this in?

Forehead lines

+2

Botox is the first line treatment.  Only after several treatments with botox then would I consider filler treatment.  Restylane or juvederm, both are the same.

Give the botox some time and you will be amazed at how well it will work over time.  But it does need time.

BOTOX first

+2

I agree with Drs. Janjua and Salemy that a combination of BOTOX and Juvederm would be most effective. I would observe  what the BOTOX in itself can do and wait two weeks. If Juvederm is needed at that point,judicious filling should ameliorate that line quite nicely.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Juvederm for forhead line

+2

Yes, it will work well. However the best result is obtained if you also treat the cause of that line which is your forehead muscle moving upwards all the time. Botox for that area along with Juvederm will be the best solution.

A more permanent solution would be surgical browlift with scoring of the muscle that causes the line.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

It may, but I would recommend starting with Botox

+2

In general, these forehead lines are due to muscle contractions-- specifically, the muscle that raises your brows. This muscle is connected to the underside of the skin, so with time, a line will develop there. You can try to fill this line, but anatomically this may be difficult. Botox will usually do the trick quite nicely, and if you still want the line removed even more, then I would try a filler. But remember, there is nothing that can make the line disappear completely, not even surgery. All of these tools (Botox, Juvederm, and surgery) are designed to soften the lines, so as long as your expectations are reasonable, I think you will be happy with the results.

Good luck!

Dr. S

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

It can help

+1

For a forehead wrinkle I would start by using Botox.  Even though it's not there when you're not moving it is likely a static wrinkle.  If the line continues to be present after Botox injection several times (to allow the skin memory to subside) than you can try a filler.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for forehead line

+1

I agree with the others, that if a filler such as Juvederm is going to be used, it should be in combination with Botox. The preferred sequence is Botox first, followed by a filler 2 weeks later, as needed. Even without filler, the horizontal line should eventually soften with repeated Botox injections.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

We use Botox and Restylane.

+1

Hi!

If you don't use Botox to relax the forehead muscle before using a filler, the line will come back quickly.

After the muscle is relaxed, in New York City we use Restylane rather than Juvederm in the forehead, because I think it is safer.  But other doctors use Juvederm with good results.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Juvederm for forehead lines.

+1

If your forehead line is a result of animation, then Botox may be beneficial. If it remains after Botox then it is probably a dermal deficiency crease which may be treated with a filler such as Juvederm to soften its appearance.

Juvederm can fill in the line

+1

In all likelihood, you have a static wrinkle which formed as the result of a dynamic winkle. The best approach would be to start with Botox Cosmetic to eliminate the dynamic component of the wrinkle formation. If the line does not resolve after Botox treatment, then you can consider Juvederm injections to help fill the line.

David Shafer, MD