Why Does Juvederm for Last Only a Few Weeks (Lips) for Me?

I have had my lips injected with juvederm 5 times in the past 6 months, used both juvederm ultra and ultra plus. After 3 weeks my lips start to deflate, then between week 4 and 5 it dissapears completley. I have even been back to my dr and they have confirmed that the product is no longer present. I know the product last differently on different people but less than a month is ridiculous! Can someone please explain what could possibly be the problem?! I'm young, healthy,non smoker non drinker.

Duration of lip augmentation

+1

It is possible that the material is being degraded rapidly; but the technical aspects of the injection are critical as well. That is, if the material is injected in the wrong tissue level, the actual 'effect' does not appear to last as long - the material may be present, but the 'effect' is not notable to you.

The use in the frequency you note is really amazing given the lack of effect. I would recommend Voluma at the upper margins; if that fails, you may need to consider Artesense.

Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Why Juvederm not lasting long enough

+1

It is hard to say why a filler such as Juvederm is not lasting long enough in you. First, make sure that you have a highly trained and experienced injector such as a dermatologist injecting you. Next, consider trying another filler like Restylane, or the newer long lasting Juvederm Volbella. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon