I had juvederm for deep laugh lines. Its in the wrong place and is a raised in a ridge/lump. Can I smooth it by pushing my skin

I had students inject juvederm into my laugh lines. I ended up with a long raised line along side of my laugh lines from top to bottom. I look twice as bad as I used to look . Can I try and smooth th hard stuff over to where it is suppost to be. I dont have any cash to correct it or I would have already done that. I had this done 10weeks ago

Juvederm lumps

+1
Sorry to hear you had this bad experience with juvederm.  Unfortunately after 10 weeks the product has settled and can't be massaged. I would book and appointment with a certified plastic surgeon or an experienced injector to have hyaluronidase injected to dissolve product . 

Dermal Fillers: Experience Matters

+1
At Stillwater, we appreciate the fact that everyone has to learn, but the learning curve should not be on patients. Collectively, my nurse injectors have over 30 years experience and it shows in the results. One of the advantages of hyaluronic acid fillers - like JuvĂ©derm (a fine product) -  is that HA may be removed with hyaluronidase. As you probably know, HA also is naturally absorbed into the body over time. There are solutions - time or visit to a more seasoned dermal filler specialist. Good luck to you.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm lumps

+1
 Juvederm , as with all hyaluronic  fillers, will go,away with time. This is a gradual process and hopefully you should see some improvement in the near future. The only other option would be to have it removed with hyaluronidase.Massaging will not help smooth the area at this point in time . As with any procedure it is important to be evaluated by your physician. 

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Can I smooth Juvederm by pushing on it

+1
After 10 weeks you cannot move the Juvederm. In the initial days after injection I tell people NOT to touch their faces because people do move filler - and usually end up making it much, much worse. At this point, it's not possible to move it by pressing on it, and what you can actually do is irritate the skin around it so much you could create scar tissue. Something you will hate in the long run. You can see an injector for hyaluronidase to dissolve the filler. Or you can wait for it to go away (it lasts up to a year). This is a sad story but it goes to show you that the filler itself has no idea what's it's doing - and it's up to a good injector to make it look right!

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Juvederm lumps

+1
It won't be possible to move the lumps by pressing on them at this point.  You can massage them, and this may speed up the rate at which your body removes the product. Your other option would be to use hyaluronidase to dissolve the product.  

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lumps After Juverderm to Nasolabial Folds

+1
Dear joandersnken~

That is unfortunate that you did not get the result you were looking for with filler. If it has been 10 weeks it is unlikely that you would be able mold the filler by pressing on it, especially if it is very superficial as it sounds as if it may be from your description.

It is possible to have the filler dissolved with hyaluronidase. Usually this is not a very expensive treatment. Otherwise, the filler should go away on its own over the next several months.

Amy Hsu

Amy K Hsu, MD