Juvederm Filler Treatment for Under Eye Dark Circle? (photo)

I got Juvederm Filler treatment + IPL for under eye dark circle. Doctors inject filler along the under eye dark circle line usually according to many reseaches and you tube but The doctor whom I saw couple of days ago used long needle and injected through my chick. He explained that this way is better than injecting directly under eye skin and less risky. It has been four days but I don't see any improvement but my under eye got darker. Any opinion from other doctors please?

Juvederm and tear troughs

+1

You should consider posting a photo of your area of treatment prior to injection. Either the product wasn't correctly injected or you need more filler. Injecting with a longer needle from the cheek area is one of many techniques used to treat this area. Not unusual. Follow up for further consult.

Juvederm filler for tear trough enhancement

+1

For patients with a tear trough groove under their eyes, the use of a hyaluronic acid filler like juvederm or restylane can be very helpful. However, dark circles can be caused by various causes, from eczema/chronic rubbing, to allergies, to genetics, dehydration etc. Make sure your dermatologist has properly assessed you first to ensure there are no other causes underlying the dark circles. The technique you had sounds like a cannula technique which some physicians prefer, but you do need to be patient to see the results as there can be some swelling or bruising in the first 2 weeks.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Filler Treatment for Under Eye Dark Circle?

+1

This issue is very common. The injecting doc needed to explain to you the results are NOT instantaneous. Best to allow at least 3 weeks before thinking of a touch up. But the injection techniques either long needle or multiple is doctor specific. 

No improvement of dark circles after Juvederm and IPL

+1

Dear Patient,

Fillers, such as Juvederm, are used for dark circles under the eyes to fill in the sunken groove and to fill in the space between top layer of skin and prominent blood vessels that lie under, which give purple-brown color to dark circles. IPL helps to lighten the dark spots from sun exposure that also enhance dark circles. Combination approach is reasonable. However, you may need to wait couple of weeks in order to decide if you need further treatment (more filler or IPL treatments). Meanwhile, avoid sun exposure and daily moisturize your under eye areas with gentle moisturizer (e.g., cetaphil, vanicream). So you have the best healing after your cosmetic procedures. Good luck.

Marianna Blyumin-Karasik, MD
Hollywood Dermatologist