Can Juvederm Fill in the Loss of Lower or Upper Orbital Fat?

I was hit with a baseball when I was younger and the resulting trauma caused an eventual loss of upper and lower orbital fat. This is most apparent when I smile, creating the appearance of a black eye.

This is annoying for pictures and has somewhat caused me to become self-conscious about my smile! Can Juvederm help?

Juvederm for loss of orbital fat

+2

Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane definitely can be used to fill in depressions of the lower eyelid hollow/tear trough area. Small volumes, placed deep to the orbicularis oculi muscle would be appropriate. You might also try products such as Teamine (containing antioxidants and caffeine) which might help lighten the appearance of "dark circles." Filler injections for hollowness of the upper eyelids can be done but is a pretty advanced technique. Injections in this area should be done with small volumes, over several injection sessions to achieve the desired results. For the upper eyelids, I would consult an experienced oculoplastic surgeon with a good understanding of the anatomy in this area. Please select your injector carefully.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Juvederm for loewr eyelid trough

+1

As we age the soft  tissues thin out a bit, and I think filler along the tear trough region is a nice touch to improve this region.