Can Juvederm Be Used to Fill in Radiesse Lumps Under Eyes?

Hi! 17 days ago I had another injection of Radiesse under my left orbital rim and upper cheekbone - a small amount - to fill in a slight unevenness from my previous 3-vial injections of Radiesse to enhance my cheekbones. I still have slight uneven lumps in this area even after 5 min./day of massage. Can Juvederm be used to fill in Radiesse lumps under eyes, in the event the problem doesn't correct itself within a month? Will additional massage help? Thanx Judy T.

Lumpiness from radiesse under eyes

+1

I prefer to use a hyaluronic acid near the eye for reasons of safety and easier corrective action with hyaluronidase injections if needed to correct an overcorrection. Restylane can be used to fill in the  "depressions" near the elevations to even out the contour. Some may use Juvederm here but others may say it can create too much swelling.

Radiesse

+1

Radiesse should never be used in the eye lids or tear trough. All filler should be injected any where with are and small amounts, even distribution to avoid lumpiness.

unfortunately you have a very difficult problem to resove.

It will require an extraordinary skilled PHYSICIAN knowledgable in the field to may be help you. FIND ONE.

Use Restylane Only in Lower Eye Lid Hollows

+1

Hi Houston,

Houston, we have a problem!  Sorry to hear about your adverse events with Radiesse.  The only filler that should be used in the most delicate and unforgiving lower eye lid area is Restylane, stay away from Juvederm as it can sometimes be too robust in this area.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Juvederm Be Used to Fill in Radiesse Lumps

+1

A photo would have been much more help in this issue. My guess is try Restylane before Juvederm because it is shorter lasting, just in case you do not like the result. Be careful. 

This is a common practice

+1

Restylane is an excellent choice to camouflage Radiesse lumps. Since Radiesse cannot be dissolved, this is the only option for short term correction. Eventually, the Radiesse will dissipate. The HA is feathered along side the lump to grade the drop-off. Massaging may help in the first several days, but after a week or so the Radiesse is put.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Radiesse vs hyaluronic acids

+1

Part of the problem with injecting fillers along the lower lid region is the potential for lumps.  If the hyaluronic acid fillers are used they can always be dissolved if they become lumpy not the case with radiesse.