Juvederm for Facial Suburn Scars?

I was severly sunburned when I was young and what I thought were wrinkles are scars from blistering. Will Juvederm help for these scars?

Sunburn scars

+1

Fillers like Juvederm are not helpful for sunburn scars,  You should see a doctor for a consultation for evaluation.

Juvederm for sunburn scars

+1

I suggest you seek consultation in person with an aesthetically-oriented physician such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to assess the nature of your problem. Fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm can be helpful for certain kinds of scars including depressed acne scars, but you would need to be evaluated to see whether a filler such as Juvederm would be appropriate for you.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Juvederm probably not good choice for sunburn scars

+1

I speculate that these scars must be fairly superficial. If this is true, then Juvederm would certainly not be a good choice. If the material is placed too superficially, small bluish blebs might result. It would seem that a laser peel or chemical peel would be more appropriate in your situation.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist