Juvederm Under Eyes?

I have posted before I had juvederm 2 plus years one eye is puffy underneath and sometimes worse on days today i applied ice and pressure and its better i dont understand this i dont know what to do about it i have seen a plastic surg he rec to see eye plasic surg shich told me i needed to surgicaly remove the juv that it formed a cyst and tuck skin under eyelid its all done under the eyelid

Juvederm Persistence under the Eye

+1

Juvederm may persist for an extended period of time in the tear trough.  Hyaluronidase can be injected if there is still Juvederm present.  Then after this is dissolved consider Restylane to smooth the area out.

Juvederm can last for several years under the eyes.

+1

Juvederm can last longer than 2 years in the tear trough area.  You should be assessed by an oculoplastic surgeon who may try hyaluronidase first to dissolve the Juvederm before considering any surgery.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm under eyes after two years?

+1

In some cases Juvederm can last for years under eyes, especially if injected superficially. Keep in mind that it is a humectant, so it holds water.  If you retain fluid after a high sodium meal it can result in fluid retention under the eyes too, especially if you still have any Juvederm left.  It will continue to dissipate but you could also have a dilute bit of Hyaluronidase injected in the area and with gentle massage it should remove anything remaining. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Juvederm under eyes

+1

I agree with the other physician recommendations.  It is not highly likely for Juvederm to still be present 2 years later.  I would recommend that you see a board certified facial plastic surgeon for futher evaluation.  Vitrase may be an option if there is still product to help dissolve it. 

Richard W. Maack, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Variable puffiness under one eye 2 years after juvederm

+1

The fact that the puffiness varies makes me think this is not related to the juvederm.  One would normally expect that the juvederm has dissolved by 2 years, but there can be exceptions.  An experienced surgeon should be able to make the distinction between juvederm and other causes of puffiness with a careful physical exam.

John Q. Cook, MD

Juvederm Under the Eyes

+1

After two year, the Juvederm should all be dissolved.  If not, you can have your injector try Vitrase which will melt any HA product.  However, it may just be coincidence, so the best thing is an in-person consultation to make sure you are getting the correct treatment.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Juvederm around the eyes

+1

Although not impossible, two years is a long time for the Juvederm to remain. I would suggest you see an oculoplastic surgeon and consider potential other causes.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm injections

+1

Dear CLEO22,

• The first step would be to try to dissolve any leftover Juvederm with hyaluronidase
  • If the swelling is still present, it may need to be surgically removed (this is rare)
  • An oculoplastic surgeon is a good person to see as well
  • I think your surgeon would prefer you the eye plastic surgeon instead

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD