Juvederm Under Eyes 9 Months Ago And Lumps Are Still Present. Time For Hyalunronidase?

I went to a plastic surgeon to check out the dark circles I have. I feel I was lied to about what to expect and the procedure was hurried up on me at what I thought was the initial consultation. Anyway, it has been 9 months since the injections and I still have lumps, albeit smaller than original. I am a 27 year old male and have lost about 25 pounds in the past two months, but I'm down to 8% and can't lose anymore, although it has helped. I'm tired of waiting now, is it time for hyaluronidase?

If the lumps were caused by the filler...then yes

+2

If you noticed the lumps right after the initial injection, and they are still present, the the hyaluronidase will get rid of them quickly. However, if you have lost a lot of weight, its possible that you have also lost some facial fat which may make your eyelid fat more visible/prominent. This needs to be examined to be determined which is which.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Treating Juvederm lumps with hyaluronidase

+1

If the lumps are truly Juvederm (rather than fat bags) and have persisted this long, you are right to consider hyaluronidase to dissolve the filler. Keep in mind that Juvederm may take 2-4 treatments to reverse (whereas Restylane generally reverses with only 1).

Dr Nayak

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Juvederm Lumps

+1

Thank you for your question. I would recommend returning to your provider for an evaluation. Dark circles are challenging to treat. Filler will only help improve the shadowing effect causing one component of dark circles.  The filler may last up to a year.  Hyaluronidase may be an option to degrade the filler. Other factors causing dark circles include genetics, lifestyle pigmentation, and increased vessels. You may need to treat the other components for improvement, but not resolution.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in injectables for an evaluation and  for the safest and most effective treatments.   I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Lumps under eyes after 9 months, Time for Hyaluronidase?

+1

If you are sure you are ready to remove the Juvederm, then Hyaluronidase injected into the area will dissolve whats left, lumps and all!  Sorry, you had to put up with lumps for 9 months. It doesn't need to happen that way. A more experienced injector may be able to do a better job for you. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Juvederm should not be lumpy

+1

Juvederm should not be lumpy.  You should return to your plastic surgeon for assessment.  Hyaluronidase can be injected to smooth out the area.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Eyelid bumps after Restylane

+1

A photo is necessary for proper assessment.  It may be time for hyaluronidaze if the bumps are still Restylane.  Other options may be present as well.  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lumps from filler

+1
If you have visible lumps after a filler, that is not normal. You should expect your skin to be smooth and no one should know you have a filler except for you because the appearance should be natural. Lumps secondary to the filler will flatten with the injection of hyaluronidase. You will ask yourself why you waited for nine months.

Christina Steil, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Lumps from filler?

+1

If you have lumps from filler, then it may be the right time to see a doctor to dissolve the product with hyaluronidase.  Good luck.

Lumps after Juvederm under eyes after 9 months

+1

If you have lumps that are pockets of filler, then yes, they can be easily removed with a bit of hyaluronidase from an experienced injector. If you have had significant weight loss, you may also have some areas of facial volume loss, in which case that wouldn't be the fillers.

There are time when I inject on the same day as a consultation, and times when people want to talk to me, then book it another day, etc. You shouldn't feel pressured to have procedures done and shouldn't consent to do anything you aren't comfortable with. I would recommend you visit a few core physicians- derms, plastics - and schedule a hyaluronidase procedure (or other procedure if deemed necessary) with whomever you feel comfortable.

Your other choice is to wait for the Juvederm to dissipate on its own, even pockets of filler will eventually remove themselves.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

It is time

+1

If you still have lumps 9 months after Juvederm under the eyes, then yes, it is time to consider hyaluronidase to dissolve the Juvederm.  You need to get a consultation with a provider to determine if the use of hyaluronidase is the best treatment option for you and you want to seek out someone who is experienced in the use of hyaluronidase.  Good luck.

Cheryl A. Hull, MD
Rogers Dermatologist