Juvederm for Crow's Feet?

Can Juvederm be injected in the area surrounding the eyes: crow feet lines?

Crow's feet and juvederm

+1

Juvederm is not the best product to treat lines of animation around the eyes. This is usually best treated with either botox/dysport.

Botox and/or Active FX much better

+1

I am a big fan of laser resurfacing for crows feet. The result lasts years. If done WITH Botox, the Botox effect lasts longer and actually improves the result of the laser. Of course, Juvederm is not incorrect, but this filler does better in deeper folds and lines. The skin this around the eyes makes Cosmoderm a better filler choice, but it will only last a few months.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Prefer Cosmoderm

+1

I prefer a combination of Cosmoderm and Botox for this area. Juvederm would be mychoice among the hyaluronic fillers since it is softer and more pliable.

Experience helps in this area since if not done properly there may be small blue blebs if an HA filler is used and beading if the Cosmoderm is not used properly.

This is also one area that I like to use more units than the average physician and use the weakest dilution (stronger Botox). This prevents diffusion to areas I do not want the Botox to go.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Treatment for the Crows Feet

+1

I agree with Dr. Persky. Botox is the best treatment for the Crows feet. If you have a resurfacing procedure (chemical peel or resurfacing laser), I would suggest having the Botox first, followed by the resurfacing procedure 2 weeks later, after the Botox has taken effect. This sequence would result in a greater degree of improvement with the resurfacing procedure.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Crow's Feet...Nothing to Crow About, What's the Best Treatment?

+1

Hi Ayay,

Botox is the better treatment for the crow's feet area. For a more permanent result, combine the Botox with a fractionated laser treatment (Deep FX, Fraxel re:pair, etc.).

Chasing dynamic crow's feet lines with fillers is not very effective, and may result in noticeable texture changes where the injections are placed.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD