How to Find the Best Doctor in Chicago for Juvederm for Eye Bags?

I am thinking about trying juvederm (either in the cheek or tear troughs) for my eye bags. They really bother me, but surgery is really out of the question right now. I know using fillers in this way requires considerable expertise. How do I go about finding a skilled doctor? I assume I should ask for references? How do I assure the best results?

Chicago expert injecter

+2

See Dr Steve Dayan, a facial plastic surgeon in Chicago, with an office on Michigan Avenue.  Not only is he very personable and approachable, but he runs one of the most professional injection courses in the country.  A national educator on injectables, a wealth of experience, right in your area.  Also his experience has earned him a place on a number of national committees that oversee injectables.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm doctor in Chicago

+1

A good place to start to find a doctor in CHicago is to go the ASAPS or ASPS websites to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Doctor to inject filler in Chicago

+1

Try Dr. Ed Lack in Chicago. His practice focuses on aesthetic treatment and has lectured extensively at national conferences.  You can also contact the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Juvederm and Restylane for Injecting the Under Eye

+1

Hallowness and the sunken groove ("tear trough) that can form under the eye is a common complaint of patients who present feeling they look "tired".   Juvederm Refine and Resytlane are two Hyaluronic Acid Gels that are used to  inject in this region. 

Finding a qualified, experienced and skilled Aesthetic physician who commonly injects the under eyes can be difficult, but is worth the search to ensure that the risk associated with injecting this region can be minimized, as side effects can include, but are not limited to persistent swelling, bruising, hyperpigmentation, aysmmtery, slight bluish discoloration, lumpiness and even blindness.  Fortunately, serious complications are rare and the HA gel filler can be reversed with the use of an injectable enzyme.

Some ideas for finding a Good Chicago physician include the use of directories such as the ASPS website (american society of plastic surgery), the American Society of Dermatology surgery website or typing in restylane or juvederm chicago and researching qualification and experience yourself. If you have a friend who has had a good experience, sometime this word-of-mouth referral can be valuable.

Always consult a skilled and experience, certified Aesthetic Physician specialist before embarking upon any treatment plan.

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

BEST Filler Treatment for under the Eye Hollowing in Chicago

+1

Chicago is a fabulous city with many talented Plastic surgeons. Without any personal recommendations from family and friends you may want to start by consulting the directory of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (www.PlasticSurgery.org). I would start by consulting with Dr. Otto Placik, the leading contributor to RealSelf.com. Otto is a good surgeon and great thinker and should be among the first surgeons you consult in Chicago

Dr. P. Aldea

How to choose a plastic surgeon for Juvederm or other procedure.

+1
  Tips on picking a Plastic Surgeon Answer by George J. Beraka, MD Manhattan Plastic Surgeon

1) Is the surgeon a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery? Members usually do a lot of cosmetic surgery.

2) Did you sense a commitment to excellence in the office. Did the surgeon spend a lot of time with you? Someone who rushes through the consultation may rush through the surgery.

3) Were you treated as an individual? Did the surgeon present you with a surgical plan tailor made for you?

4) Plastic surgeons have to have a good eye and meticulous technique.  Did the surgeon show you A LOT of before and after pictures, and did you love the results?

5) Talk to other doctors you know. Established plastic surgeons have a reputation in the community, good or bad.

6)  Ask to speak to a patient who has had the procedure you want.  You are looking for a surgeon who does a lot of what you want.   Many  patients are eager to share their experience.  Privacy is preserved by having the patient call you.

7)  If you are having breast augmentation, ask if the surgeon has a large inventory of different size and shape breast implants available in the operating room.  A surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery will have an inventory.  This way, the final implant choice does not have to be made in advance.

8)   With office surgery, make sure the surgical facility is ACCREDITED.   Very important safety assurance.

9)   Make sure the anesthesia is given by a BOARD CERTIFIED ANESTHESIOLOGIST.  Another very important safety factor.

10)  Make sure the office has trained nurses available for hands-on post operative care.  This can really speed recovery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Go to Juvederm.com to find a Juvederm injector

+1

If you don't have a word of mouth referral, such as a friend who has had an excellent job, I would suggest starting with the physician locator feature on Juvederm.com and see who is listed on the top of the list in your area.  Physicians are listed in order by how much they purchase.  Keep in mind a medical director for a chain of med spas who may not even inject much or a physician who has staff doing all of his injections may be a large purchaser and listed high on the list, but you can find out who is doing the injections when you call the office. 

Call the top 1-3 offices on the list and ask them how many injections the physician him/herself does per week and does he/she do many under the eyes.  You can also ask for a consultation appointment before scheduling your treatment to meet and see how you like the physician before scheduling a treatment appointment.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvaderm in Chicago

+1

The best way to find a doctor who does lots of these types of injections is by word of mouth.  Anyone can advertise in all different places, but that doesn't mean that they are the best.  If you have people you know that have had similar procedures, or really like their surgeon and trust them, than that is better than any advertisement.  Just ask around and you will see how popular Juvaderm is.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon