Juvederm for Deep Wrinkes on Cheeks?

Is Juvederm good for deep wrinkes in the cheeks--not nasolabial folds?

Juvederm and deep lines

+1

If you have areas of volume loss, the hyaluronic acid fillers can work really well for this problem.  Good luck.

Juvederm is NOT my first choice for cheeks

+1

No! Don't use Juvederm to re-inflate your cheeks.

I do love Juvederm; it is a great filler. Juvederm Ultra is my first choice for lips and tear troughs. Juvederm Ultra Plus is great for the nasolabial folds, oral commissures, marionette lines, labiomental creases, pre-jowl sulci, etc.

However, Juvederm is packaged in syringes that are too small to be useful to for deep cheek wrinkles. You will probably need a lot more bulk than a couple of syringes of Juvederm can offer.

A lot of the respondents seem to like fat grafting. Honestly, I think that it is an awful technique. It requires an operation. There is pain at the donor site (such as the abdomen). The results are inconsistent. Chronic lumpiness is not uncommon.

I prefer Sculptra Aesthetic or Radiesse for large-volume augmentation. Either can be injected in the office under local anesthesia. Both are consistent with few side-effects and complications.

Ventura Plastic Surgeon

Deep wrinkles and Juvederm

+1

Yes. Depending on the depth, Juvederm Ultra might be used, but if deeper, Juvederm Ultra Plus would be better. Sometimes both products are used to fill the deep and superficial components of the crease, in a layered approach.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com

Juvederm for deep cheek wrinkles

+1

Juvederm can work well for certain deep wrinkles on the cheeks. The thicker Ultra Plus rather than the Ultra should be used for this indication. Another nice filler for deep cheek wrinkles is Radiesse. Fat transfer also works quite nicely as well and may give you "permanent" results. If you have a large component of skin laxity, you may want to consider consultation with a facial plastic surgeon to discuss the option of a face-lift.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Juvederm hyaluronic acid for deep facial wrinkles

+1

Yes. Deep cheek wrinkles are treatable.

Juverderm hyaluronic acid injectable facial filler may be placed in many places in the face. It is approved for nasolabial folds, but other wrinkles are treated well with this filler. For deep volume deficits, there are better filler alternatives, such as your own fat, or even cosmetic surgery.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for Deep Cheek Wrinkles

+1

Juvederm is a great hyaluronic acid filler for most wrinkles. However, deep wrinkles will likely require more aggressive treatments. Either two different types of fillers if you want to go that route, micro fat grafting, or surgical correction such as a midface lift or standard facelift.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for deep wrinkles in the cheeks

+1

Yes, Juvederm is great for deep wrinkles in the cheeks.  Depending on the depth of injection, much can be accomplished with Juvederm injections.   If you provide a picture, we may be able to give you more specific advice.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

+1

Yes, it is good for the deep wrinkles as well. Please remember it is a good material but you need a good injector as well to give you a good result.

Regards

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon