Is Juvederm Effective for Deep Nasolabial Lines?

Consulted with hospital cosmetic clinic to take Juvederm injections for deep nasolabial lines, and finer lines/wrinkles around mouth including lip's short/vertical lines. I was told injections may not be enough. To try laser on lower or entire face, or silicon. I'm reluctant to the much more invasive laser, and read silicone migrates.

I wonder if anyone with very deep lines (and finer lines around lips) tried Juvederm with success? Or any other fillers? Thanks so much for your opinions!

Deep folds require more filler...

+2

It is not that fillers like Juvederm, Perlane, and Radiesse will not help deep nasolabial folds, it is just that it requires more filler to the fold as well as the cheeks to lift the area. It therefore may not be "cost-effective". Fine lines are fine with Juvederm or Restylane, but lasers like the Deep FX will give more permanent improvement. One thing I think: avoid silicone. Over the years, it results in a muzzled, "monkey" look to the mouth area that gets worse, not better over 10-20 years. Silicone never goes away and expands over time.

New Orleans Dermatologist

+1

There are several formulations of Juvederm, some of which are better suited to deeper areas of volume loss of filling deeper folds or lines.  Radiesse can be used as well for these purposes.  There are other options as well, and a lot of this depends upon surgeon preference.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Using Juvederm for Deep Nasolabial Folds

+1

I have successfully used Juvederm Ultra & Ultra Plus, Restylane, Perlane, Radiesse and Artesense for deep nasolabial folds/lines. Most importantly, you want an expert injector (e.g. dermatologist) who understands your skin and how much and which filler to inject, and at what depth, and in combination with what other treatments. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Deep and fine lines with Juvederm

+1

Juvederm will work very well for the deep  nasofacial lines.The improvement will last 6 to 8 mopnths, possibly longer.

Radiesse  (Calcium Hydroxyappatite) can last longer: 10to 12 months or possibly longer.

For fine wrinkles on the upper lip, a few units of Botox followed in 1 week by Traditional Laser Resurfacing would be the best treatment. Unfortunately, there is a long period of downtime (7-9 days or longer). Alternately, Botox followed by Fractional Laser Resurfacing (2-4 sesions 4-6 weeks apart) can be quite effective.

Make sure you are treated by an experienced, Board CertifiedDermatologist or Plastic Surgeon.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Radiesse, Beverly Hills Radiesse, Los Angeles Radiesse, Juvederm

+1

Yikes, I'm not a fan of injecting free silicone into the face or body because of the very real risk of serious complications.  You can do a quick search on the web to see the reported silicone complications.  For deep smile lines also called nasolabial folds you may consider:

• Radiesse
  • Perlane
  • Juvederm Ultra Plus

All of these are thicker fillers than Juvederm and should give greater filling effects to the folds.  For the fine smile lines, around the mouth, we use either Botox or Dysport with really nice results.  I'm not sure how a Laser would help fill in the nasolabial folds as these are meant to re-surface the skin, not fill in folds.

Juvederm and folds

+1

Juvederm or Perlane is great for the nasolabial folds.  It helps reduce the deep depression.  It is not good for fine lines.

Radiesse ,Perlane and Juvederm Ultraplus are better choices for deep nasolabial folds

+1

When we are treating deep nasolabial folds robust fillers such as Radiesse, Perlaneor Juvederm Ultra plus work much better than Juvederm and Resylane

They will add volume as well as filling the folds.

For very deep folds we add Juvederm or Restylane on top in a layered fashion for better outcome

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers are great for deep folds

+1

Juvederm is very effective for the nasolabial lines. You may also want to inquire about Radiesse, this works great for very deep folds; and Radiesse lasts between 12 to 18 months.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Juvederm use common for nasolabial lines

+1

One of the most common uses for Juvederm is for the nasolabial lines (from the corner of the mouth to the corner of the nose).  I would discourage you from trying more extensive procedures if you are unsure yet of what you are trying to achieve.

Start out slowly and pick your doctor carefully.

Darrick E. Antell, MD

Soft tissue fillers like Juvederm work for nasolabial folds

+1

Deep nasolabial or mentolabial (marionette lines) folds can be treated quite effectively with hyaluronic acid soft tissue fillers such as Juvederm Ultra Plus or Perlane. Finer lines/ wrinkles such as those around the mouth and lips can be addressed using Juvederm Ultra or Restylane.

Depending on the severity of your lines/ folds, you may require more than one syringe or a combination of soft tissue fillers to optimize your results. Consult with a reputable board certified plastic surgeon to see wht he/ she thinks will work best for you.

NEVER have silicone injected anywhere on your face. This can harden and migrate potentially leaving you with permant scarring and/ or disfigurement. Whoever recommend this treatment is irresponsible and has no idea on how to properly treat moderate/ deep folds and wrinkles.

Good luck.

David A. Robinson, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon